create new tag
, view all tags

Minutes of Dakar Release Schedule Meeting, 07 Jan 2006

Logistics and Participants


  • Review last meeting minutes (points and action items)
  • Quick review of bug items marked as urgent and required
  • Other items that need to happen for release
  • Discuss tentative release date
  • Discuss parking lot items

Point 1: Dakar Doc Update

  • Peter said down to 11 docs from 49 topics in last meeting
  • Peter estimates one more week of work for Lynnwood and Peter
  • Contentious discussion if credit should be added to TWikiContributors list, compromise was reached to leave it without, and to add the items done in Dakar to TWikiHistory

Point 2: Ship WYSIWYG Editor With Dakar

  • No change from previous agreement to ship the Plugin, label it as Alpha or technology preview, and disable the Plugin by default

Point 3: ClassicSkin Issues

  • All resolved except for login/logout

Point 4: Translations

  • French translation added

Point 5: Rest Interface

  • Sven finished and documented it

Point 6: Warning for Deprecated API Calls

Point 7: Improve CSS Handling in PatternSkin

Release Schedule

  • Too early to decide, deferred to next meeting


Action Items

  • All:
  • Unassigned:
    • need to add translations credits to DakarReleaseNotes
      • DONE see Item1348 CC
    • move geturl to contrib for edin*
      • DONE added Item1349 CC
  • Arthur:
    • Language dropdown: Make it a PatternSkinCustomization item (optional, does not hold up release)
    • Review if WEBBGCOLOR can be shown better in PatternSkin
    • Investigate Bugs:Item1233 - No horizontal scrollbar to view content (with Michael)
      • DONE - with horizontal scrollbar for whole page
  • Sven:
    • In Plugins web, ssk all plugin/addon devs to remove their bin scripts and impl a rest interface instead
  • Peter:
    • Document geturl, but as deprecated
      • DONE - in TWikiScripts, and moved to twiki/tools directory
  • Steffen:
  • Michael:
    • Investigate Bugs:Item1233 - No horizontal scrollbar to view content (with Arthur)
      • DONE - with horizontal scrollbar for whole page

Action items of previous meeting:

  • Peter
  • Peter, Lynnwood
    • Update the last 49 documentation topics
      • IN WORK - down to 11
  • Arthur
    • Design final header based on feedback on ModernizePatternSkin
      • IN WORK
    • Update classic skin to include a login and logout button
      • PENDING
  • Antonio
    • go for a final check on templates for misused i18n constucts, after what we'll be on string freeze (nobody touches strings in templates)
      • DONE
    • flag translators by e-mail so they can complete their translations
      • DONE
  • All
    • Make a top 10 list of Dakar features in DakarRelease - please work on DakarRelease#MajorEnhancements list
      • DONE
    • Help find tech writer
      • PENDING
    • Attract translators
      • STATUS?
    • Think about ways to get attention of writers and coders
      • STATUS?


Back to: DakarRelease

-- PeterThoeny - 07 Jan 2006


Thanks all for attending at impossible times and hanging in there for such a long time!

Please help in completing the minutes.

-- PeterThoeny - 07 Jan 2006

Unfornatelly I could not attend to the meeting, since I went in a trip just before Peter's mail. Next time I'll be there.

-- AntonioTerceiro - 10 Jan 2006

Topic attachments
I Attachment History Action Size Date Who Comment
Texttxt Dakar-minutes2006x01x07.txt r1 manage 91.9 K 2006-01-07 - 23:47 PeterThoeny #twiki_dakar log 2006/01/07
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r11 < r10 < r9 < r8 < r7 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r11 - 2006-05-01 - SamHasler
  • Learn about TWiki  
  • Download TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl Hosted by OICcam.com Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback. Ask community in the support forum.
Copyright © 1999-2018 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.