Tags:
create new tag
, view all tags

Minutes of Dakar Release Schedule Meeting, 23 Jan 2006

Logistics, Participants, IRC log

Agenda

  • Review last meeting minutes (points and action items)
  • Quick review of bug items marked as urgent and required
  • Handling Cairo/Dakar compatibility issues of Plugins
  • Handling registration/passwords/e-mail addresses
  • Other items that need to happen for release
  • Confirm or reschedule 01 Feb 2006 release date
  • Discuss parking lot items

Review items from DakarReleaseMeeting2006x01x16

Point 1: Dakar Doc Update (15 min)

  • Down to 7 docs:
    • TWikiInstallationGuide
    • TWikiPreferences
    • TWikiRegistration
    • TWikiUpgradeGuide
    • TWikiUserAuthentication
    • WebHome
    • WebPreferences
  • Lynwood re-commits smile
  • Sven Doweit left comments in install.html
  • Wohali has bug on "submarine topics", Bugs:1471, all admin installation steps need to me mentioned in the installation docs.
    • DONE
  • Guidelines and best practises for plugin authors; supporting multiple releases, in code + in plugin topic

Point 4: Translations (5 min)

  • terceiro makes final run, string freese is FINAL
  • Arthur has opened a new bug on I18N: Bugs:Item1492, won't break string freeze

Point 10: Item1322 - TWiki.org doc merge: TWikiHistory needs Dakar history (40 min)

  • Crawford and Peter has alerted twiki-dev, hopefully something will come out of that
  • Difficult to unite viewpoints
  • Discuss in DakarReleaseTWikiHistory
  • Online meeting Wednesday proposed by Wohali, no facilitator or agreement

Release naming convention (10 min)

  • Agreed on the naming convention last time, but janitorial work is left with pth (as usual)
  • Pending items in TWikiRelease04x00x00beta06
    1. update the release naming convention topic to the new standard
    2. update all reports that depend on the naming
  • Done on TWikiBetaRelease
  • Pending for Support and Plugins web (to select the release)

Handling Cairo/Dakar compatibility issues of Plugins (50 min)

  • See HandlingCairoDakarPluginDifferences and EssentialPluginsAtDakarRelease for overview
  • Problem is infrastructure "Downloading and installing Plugins should be intuitive and easy, both for Cairo and Dakar installations", not maintaining compatibility inside plugins (can't force authors here)
  • We can appeal to plugin authors good sense of practise for supporting multiple releases (Cairo + Dakar), but we can't expect them to
  • No volounteers for writing docs

Quick review of bug items marked as urgent and required (30 min)

Urgent/Requirement bugs

Bugs:Item663 - TWiki.org Merge: Sync TWiki.org docs into Dakar Develop - WAITING FOR PTh

  • Adressed elsewhere

Bugs:Item1053 - Multiple errors in statistics cgi

  • TWikiAdminGroup issue
  • needs to be a TWiki super user to avoid access control violations
  • Resolved by CDot

Bugs:Item1322 - TWikiHistory needs Dakar history - EVERYONE PLEASE HELP FINALIZE LIST

  • Adressed elsewhere

Bugs:Item1490 - Replace EMAILS with USERINFO

  • If someone acts on it, it'll go in
  • Impl of spec, testcases, scrape of all docs to replace instances of old. 3-4 hours work.

Bugs:Item1475 - Anyone can change guest email address

  • Adressed elsewhere

Bugs:Item1464 - Rename TEMPLATEONLY variables

  • Depends on item 1484, closing this, keeping 1484 urgent.

Bugs:Item1488 - TWikiRegistration topic needs some quotes escaped to work

  • Steffen will commit

Bugs:Item1485 - upgrade_emails.pl should assign admin email address per default

  • Reminder for CDot, patch already agreed

Bugs:Item1484 - Remove SECTION in favor of START/STOPINCLUDE

  • Peter volounteers for doc + testcases
  • Hopes are on you, Crawford!

Bugs:Item1480 - Decide where to put official docs on TWiki.org that is missing in distro

  • Action item for Peter and Lynwood

Bugs:Item1471 - "Note to Administrator" on ChangeEmailAddress must be documented

  • Action item for Steffen
    • DONE

Bugs:Item1465 - No String freeze until English Grammar & spelling & proper names checked.

  • Adressed elsewhere (item closed already)
    • DONE

Bugs:Item1420 - last translations update after string freeze for Dakar

  • Adressed elsewhere

Handling registration/passwords/e-mail addresses (30 min)

  • Registration/Changing email/reset password/change password/show email address on home topic (the public TWiki vs the firewalled and non htpasswd authenticated TWiki See EmailAddressStorageAndDisplayDiscussion)
  • Some disccusion on what demands to fullfil
  • Will await new implementaion (bug fix) from CDot and test
    • DONE

Other items that need to happen before release

  • Betales and Twiki
    needs to go (beatles + Twiki), copyright issue
  • CDot has other image suggestion
  • As CDot will be on holiday fromm 28th through 9th Feb, we need to consider who will build release package - better be settled in due time
  • Rumours that Anton and Sven can do packaging, will need to make deal smile
    • Sven accepts to do packaging.

Release Schedule

  • RC1 after e-mail fix is ready, Sven packages (needs to practise!)
    • RC1 out, DONE
  • Still actual: Release date 01 Feb 2006 for DakarReleaseParty at WikiWednesdays

Miscellaneous

Action Items

  • Arthur:
    • Language dropdown: Make it a PatternSkinCustomization item (optional, does not hold up release)
  • Sven:
    • Build and upload RC1
      • RC1 out, DONE * In Plugins web, ssk all plugin/addon devs to remove their bin scripts and impl a rest interface instead
  • Peter
    • Doc work .. lots of doc work
  • Steffen:

IRC Log

Back to: DakarRelease

Comments / Feedback

Topic attachments
I Attachment History Action Size Date Who Comment
Texttxt DakarMinutes2006x01x23.txt r1 manage 90.4 K 2006-01-23 - 23:54 PeterThoeny Dakar Meeting Minutes 2006-01-23
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r8 < r7 < r6 < r5 < r4 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r8 - 2006-05-01 - SamHasler
 
  • Learn about TWiki  
  • Download TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl Hosted by OICcam.com Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback. Ask community in the support forum.
Copyright © 1999-2017 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.