Tags:
create new tag
, view all tags

Minutes of Dakar Release Schedule Meeting, 30 Jan 2006

Logistics, Participants, IRC log

Agenda

  • Review last meeting minutes (points and action items)
  • Quick review of bug items marked as urgent and required
  • Other items that need to happen for release
  • Discuss parking lot items

Review items from DakarReleaseMeeting2006x01x23

Point 1: Dakar Doc Update (5 min)

  • Down to 2 docs:
    • TWikiPreferences
    • WebPreferences
  • INSTALL.HTML will be included in distribution, replacing TWikiDocumenation.html
    • Is maintained as a topic, Lynwood / Peter decides which - creates Codev topic to discuss
    • Lynwood welcomes feedback
    • Suggestions for topic name: InstallHtmlTWiki04x00x00
  • Most doc are in "good-enough" shape now
  • Guidelines and best practises for plugin authors; supporting multiple releases, in code + in plugin topic
    • Action item for Peter: supplemental doc link to existing TWikiPlugins topic

Point 4: Translations (5 min)

  • Status OK
    • Chinese in place
    • Spanish only 50% done
    • Miguel will send a 100% translated es.po by tomorrow (to terceiro)
    • terceiro will keep Migues posted on deadline
  • Bug created for deferred maketext work

Handling Cairo/Dakar compatibility issues of Plugins (5 min)

Status unchanged, mainly doc question. Need re-visit after release.

  • See HandlingCairoDakarPluginDifferences and EssentialPluginsAtDakarRelease for overview
  • Problem is infrastructure "Downloading and installing Plugins should be intuitive and easy, both for Cairo and Dakar installations", not maintaining compatibility inside plugins (can't force authors here)
  • We can appeal to plugin authors good sense of practise for supporting multiple releases (Cairo + Dakar), but we can't expect them to
  • No volounteers for writing docs
  • As far as latest talk goes, plugin topics will talk about Dakar or Cairo+Dakar-compatible version. Only-Cairo versions will be self-contained archives, with a link to them.

Quick review of bug items marked as urgent and required

Urgent/Requirement bugs

Item1322 - TWikiHistory needs Dakar history - EVERYONE PLEASE HELP FINALIZE LIST

  • Degrading to normal
  • Some improvements are not mentioned yet
    • DONE ("good enough" state)

Item1542 - Doc feedback by Pablo Caskey

  • Action item for Steffen / Lynwood
  • Refactor suggestions into doc
    • BOTH DONE

Item1540 - SESSIONVAR or SESSION_VAR?

  • Steffen will try to eliminate SESSION_VAR, changing it to SESSION_VARIABLE, and guess some parameters
    • DONE

Item1537 - WIKI(USER)NAME does not get expanded

  • Sven adds tags to core again (with mild deprecation)
    • DONE

Item1420 - last translations update after string freeze for Dakar

  • Covered elsewhere, status OK

Item663 - TWiki.org Merge: Sync TWiki.org docs into Dakar Develop

  • Covered elsewhere, status OK
    • DONE ("good enough" state)

Item1534 - COVER documentation not so clear

  • Some confusion on discussing this
    • Has to do with forward / backward skin path
  • Clarify the doc is realistic objective
  • Question left: Is there a way to selectively override a template part? (Arthur)
  • Meredith documented bits & pieces in IRC log, but probably not too useful

Other items that need to happen before release

  • Sven is ready to build final release
  • Peter needs to create presentaion for dakar release party
  • Timezones are difficult stuff, but does matter g
  • Package ready for download on 01 Feb at 10:00 GMT
    • Last checkin on 31 Jan at 22:00 GMT
    • Sven online at IRC from that point, for last-minute-fixes

Miscellaneous

Action Items

  • Peter
    • Mention more improvements in TWikiHistory
      • DONE
  • Steffen
    • Doc feedback by Pablo Caskey
      • DONE
    • SESSIONVAR or SESSION_VAR?
      • DONE

IRC Log

Back to: DakarRelease

Comments / Feedback

Topic attachments
I Attachment History Action Size Date Who Comment
Texttxt DakarMinutes2006x01x30.txt r1 manage 44.7 K 2006-01-31 - 00:21 PeterThoeny Dakar Meeting Minutes 2006-01-30
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r7 < r6 < r5 < r4 < r3 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r7 - 2006-05-01 - SamHasler
 
  • Learn about TWiki  
  • Download TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl Hosted by OICcam.com Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback. Ask community in the support forum.
Copyright © 1999-2017 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.