Tags:
create new tag
, view all tags

Minutes of Edinburgh Release Meeting, 13 Mar 2006

Logistics, Participants, IRC log

Agenda

  • TWiki 4.0.2 release (TWikiRelease04x00x02) - Merge Process Status & Testing Status
    • Follow-up on actions from last meeting.
  • Doc Status
  • TWiki.org upgrade to Dakar

Actions from last meeting

DONE = Done, REFACTOR In progress, ALERT! Decision Pending

  • DONE ProcessForTWiki4PatchReleases
  • DONE PatternSkin update accepted for 4.0.2 as an Exception because of the importance of the bug it resolves. Otherwise only the patch tagged bug fixes should be merged in.
  • DONE CrawfordCurrie asks for help from developers to checkin merges.
  • DONE Need a machine to run TWiki 4 on. Arthur suggests his Dreamhost. Kenneth will try to mirror TWiki4 on his merlin.lavrsen.dk line. Arthur with Template login and Kenneth with Apache login.
  • DONE Crawford helps Arthur merging in pattern.
  • DONE Need Steffen's changed merged. Help needed.
  • DONE Merging in SVN: MergingInSubversion
  • DONE Goal for merges is 13 Mar 2006
  • ALERT! Testing is two weeks from the Pattern Skin merge and test machines setup Pattern got merged 4 days later so we do not get full two weeks. Can we compensate by extra testing?
  • DONE Small fixes that people want to enter 4.0.2 (doc fixes without risk) should be marked urgent.
  • DONE Peters doc changes on SVN: 8760, 8772, 8773, 8805, 8820, 8830, 8835, 8884 all from Bugs:Item1611 should go in.
  • REFACTOR On dev model for core, http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Codev/OneSvnBranchPerRelease needs to be updated
  • ALERT! Plugins?
  • There are two schools. Decision not made at last meeting.
    • Plugins are in all branches this is the current implementation
    • Plugins are in ONE branch

TWiki 4.0.2 release - Merge Process Status & Testing Status

  • Desired outcome: Define remaining tasks; confirm 20 Mar 2006 release date of TWikiRelease04x00x02
  • Bug Items walk through. See Actions
  • Last code changes by Friday 17th
  • Release meeting Monday 20th at 21:00 GMT
  • Sven needs the weekend plus test time - release Wednesday 22nd.

Doc Status

  • 4.0.2 docs. Nothing additional besides covered by bug walk through.

TWiki.org upgrade to Dakar

  • Desired outcome: Understand status; identify people who volunteer to help
  • Status:
    • On hold until outgoing e-mail is working
  • Overview of tasks:
    • Make outgoing e-mail work
    • Discuss & decide on security implications of cookie based session tracking.
    • Upgrade all TWiki web topics to Dakar (enclosed properly in header/footer & START/ENDSECTION as documented in DistributionDocument)
    • Test-install Dakar in parallel to Cairo; test
    • Convert 20K user home pages if necessary (what do do with missing/obfuscated e-mail etc)
    • Switch over to Dakar

Action Items

Open Bugs - marked for 4.0.2 (patch)

  • Close 1672 general Pattern skin DONE! New Pattern Skin bugs from now on = new bug items
  • 1817 (Cannot save versions of attachments) Discarded - not reproduceable and no response from reporter
  • 1820 (Logout not possible) Meredith to provide description how to reproduce
  • 1878 (Translations). Time to generate new POT and complete translations. Need string freeze soon. Need to address translators. Steffen takes action
  • 1843 (delRev and creating ,v files when there is none) Tag to minor and fix after 4.0.2
  • 1855 (Headline is CommentPlugin doenss't expand EdinburghReleaseMeeting2006x03x13). CDot will talk to reporter if bug is real
  • 1803 (Sorting issue) Sven to comment. TablePlugin. No owner!
  • 1858 (Bad menu rendering in search + jump result views (ff)) Arthur has action
  • 1828 (MBCS failures) Close. Steffen to open new item.
  • 1611 (Generic doc work for TWiki 4.0.2) Peter to check if there are docs outside TWiki that needed merge. Peter cannot merge yet. Need help.
    • Changes other than TWiki web topics: pub dir of TWiki web; EmptyPlugin; twiki/branches/DEVELOP/lib/TWiki.cfg (8830)

TWiki 4.0.2 release

  • Release notes for TWiki4. All merged bugs are marked "Waiting for merge". CDot suggests notes are generated from those.
  • Pattern skin needs testing fast. Arthur goes on vacation in 1.5 days.
  • Sven will do the build and release.

Doc actions

Twiki.org on Dakar

  • Peter to contact the ISP to resolve email problem from out twiki.org server. Needed to have registrations with confirmations to get less spam.
  • Peter: Create the topic in codev on dakar upgrade of twiki.org
  • Upgrade all TWiki web topics to Dakar (enclosed properly in header/footer & START/ENDSECTION as documented in DistributionDocument)
  • Need help with on converting the distribution docs to dakar content & doc authoring format

IRC Log

Back to: EdinburghRelease

Comments / Feedback

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r5 < r4 < r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r5 - 2006-03-14 - PeterThoeny
 
  • Learn about TWiki  
  • Download TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl Hosted by OICcam.com Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback. Ask community in the support forum.
Copyright © 1999-2017 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.