Tags:
create new tag
, view all tags

Minutes of Edinburgh Release Meeting, 17 Apr 2006

Logistics, Participants, IRC log

Agenda

  • Review Previous Action Items
  • Moving twiki.org to TWiki 4
  • Re-organizing twiki.org towards a user-centric website

1. Review Previous Action Items

  • develop.twiki.org server move
    • Post-commit script (Sven)
    • Email when committing (Sven)
      • outgoing mail needs to work
      • twiki-dev subscriptions need to be fixed
    • Add linked fastserver.net logo to develop.twiki.org home and bugs webhome (Sven)

  • TWiki 4.0.2 follow up
    • Upload patch to the download page (Will)
    • Remove hotfix from download page and have it visible on known issues page. (Peter)
      • Visible on known issues page DONE. Link to patch NOT added to blue download square DONE. Further hiding the fix? Kenneths suggests to leave it as is. Not too visible and not hidden = compromise. Note that users have reported the problem on Bugs:Item2094 and even spent time trying to solve it.

  • TWiki 4.0.3 release
    • UpgradeTWiki script (need actionee - none found)
      • Test it
      • Fix it
      • Document it
      • Procedure for testing it in the release cycle incl test cases
    • Add the 6-8 urgent/requirement bugs (Action - all)

  • CSS-related issues
    • The notorious Firefox (not) loading of CSS: No known solution for the moment.

2. Moving twiki.org to TWiki 4

  • Desired outcome: To do lists / actionable items / timeframe

3. Re-organizing twiki.org towards a user-centric website

  • Desired outcome: Compile list of low hanging fruit items

New Action Items

  • develop.twiki.org server move
    • Fix the SVN mailer so the from address is correct (Sven)
    • Password sync with (who and how?). Current manual process makes it difficult for new users not yet registered on TWiki.org or newly registered to report bugs. (First ask Sven for proposal).
    • Document server setup for admins (Peter have asked Sven)
    • Add peter to admin (Peter have asked Sven)

  • TWiki 4.0.2 follow up
    • We need a patch from 4.0.1 to 4.0.2 uploaded (Will should do - Kenneth and Lynnwood informs Will)

  • TWiki 4.0.3
    • UpgradeTWiki script (need actionee - none found - )
      • Consensus that it is important for upgraders.
      • Noone coders came forward to volunteer the task.
    • Release date not set. Wishes were from ASAP which is a week from now to on month from now. So maybe a May 9th release date can be a tentative date to think about.

  • CSS issue discussed. Arthur has done some fixes but we are not sure the problem is fixed. No actions

  • Moving twiki.org to TWiki 4
    • Need help on
      • server config for e-mail
      • perl lib installs
      • doc update of twiki web topics (Kenneth, Lynnwood, Arthur will help)
      • discuss and decide on security setup (Kenneth updates proposal to use Apache auth)
    • Conversion of user topics. Start with the upgrade_emails.pl script. Then see what can be scripted after that.
      • Peter to provide Crawford with zip of all user topics to try and script more email addresses correctly

  • Re-organizing twiki.org towards a user-centric website
    • Focus group on user centric twiki.org: Arthur, Peter, Kenneth, Meredith.

IRC Log

Back to: EdinburghRelease

Comments / Feedback

Topic attachments
I Attachment History Action Size Date Who Comment
Texttxt EdinburghMinutes2006x04x17.txt r1 manage 39.1 K 2006-04-17 - 23:23 KennethLavrsen IRC log from meeting
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r8 < r7 < r6 < r5 < r4 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r8 - 2006-04-18 - SamHasler
 
  • Learn about TWiki  
  • Download TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl Hosted by OICcam.com Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback. Ask community in the support forum.
Copyright © 1999-2017 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.