Tags:
create new tag
, view all tags

Minutes of Edinburgh Release Meeting, 29 May 2006

Logistics, Participants, IRC log

Agenda

  • Review Previous Action Items
  • TWiki 4.0.3 release

1. Review Previous Action Items

  • Peter, Sven: Make outgoing e-mail work on twiki.org server
    • Yes / Done Done
  • Kenneth: Send sendmail configs to Peter
    • Yes / Done Done
  • Peter: Ask "big corporation" for another box + hosting (for Tinderbox)
    • Yes / Done Done - waiting for reply
  • Peter: Update TWikiReleaseNotes04x00x00.txt with 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 sections
    • Yes / Done Done
  • ???: Remove Joomla stuff from configure before 4.0.3 release (Sven added it)
    • Yes / Done Done
  • All: Help on updating end user / admin docs (as/link to supplemental docs)
    • Not much activity Kenneth asked for more guidelines. Peter till give off line

2. TWiki 4.0.3 Release

  • Desired outcome: Clarify remaining issue, set release date

  • Tentative date set for ?? Jun 2006
  • There will be a 2 day test period of pre-release.

3. twiki.org upgrade/bugs

  • Desire outcome: Clarify status, any remaining configuration issues; how to report bugs/suggestions

  • Status and configuration issues:
    • A decision was made to temporarily set TWIKIWEB to TWiki04 instead of TWiki to facilitate the move to 4.0.x
      • smile Links to distro contents worked.
      • �:( Links to non-distro contents are (temporarily) broken.
    • Improve communication of status
  • Bug reporting
    • How do bugs in TWiki.org get tracked, if the person discovering a problem can't fix it? Many areas of t.o are not writable by ordinary mortals.
      • The bug tracker on ~develop is for core and plugins bugs; there is nowhere to report t.o docs bugs.

4. TWikiDocUsers

  • The focus group - when do we get focussed?

Action Items

  • 4.0.3
    • 4.0.3 beta build went OK. But there were severe bugs - especially round registration
    • USERINFO bug - try to fix quickly. Otherwise remove the small neew email/USERINFO table from new user template. Crawford will try to fix.
    • Setting Vars in forms. Was in Cairo and was removed. Should it go back? Will it gold back 4.0.3? Do we re-introduce it and depreciate it? Agreement that feature should go back to allow at least one installation to upgrade to TWiki4.
      1. keep this as a release blocker until investigated - CDot investigates
      2. try as FormsForSettingsContrib, detached from 4.0.3 release
    • Registration fails when no SMTP server abailable even when verification is disabled.
      • Kenneth found that leaving {SMTP}{MAILHOST} blank and add note in configure "If you have no SMTP server leave this field blank" could be the fix. At least with Net::SMTP installed. Kenneth will try the case without.
    • Release data: Need WillNorris to commit a date. We cannot commit for him.

  • twiki.org upgrade/bugs
    • Change requests to the very few topics that are locked can be done in Support web.
    • Status: Need to update more important settings topics in TWiki web before TWIKIWEB can be reset to normal
    • Cron need to be installed for notify feature
    • Convert user home pages to new format

IRC Log

Back to: EdinburghRelease

Comments / Feedback

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r7 < r6 < r5 < r4 < r3 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r7 - 2006-05-30 - KennethLavrsen
 
  • Learn about TWiki  
  • Download TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl Hosted by OICcam.com Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback. Ask community in the support forum.
Copyright © 1999-2017 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.