Tags:
edinburgh1Add my vote for this tag create new tag
, view all tags

Minutes of Edinburgh Release Meeting, 18 Sep 2006

TOC and Agenda

Logistics, Participants, IRC log

1. Review Previous Action Items

2. Profiling framework Update

  • Harald did an update of BenchmarkFramework after our last meeting but noone commented.
    1. Platform matters. Especially windows is quite different
    2. Topic matters. To isolate an effect one needs to craft special topics
    3. I think that SmallProf would be better integrated into unit tests, to make the amount of data manageable
    4. Compiling is an issue

  • Suspects:
    • Preferences
    • Attribute parsing in Tags
    • Rendering major portions of TWiki markup

3. Maintain Hotfixes in SVN

  • Desired outcome: Decide in what form hotfixes should be maintained in SVN

  • Kenneth will prepare short proposal on PatchReleaseMaintenanceSVN Sunday 16 Sep 2006 based on agreement on #twiki.
    • It was agreed to use SVN. Kenneth will discuss the implementation detail with Crawford.

4. Vote on Discontinuing use of DEVELOP Branch

  • I (SvenDowideit) suspect we should deprecate the mention of the MAIN branch - and perhaps use it to track releases and hotfixes?

  • We still have an open action to rename the soon out-of-date and confusing TWikiRelease04x00 branch to MAIN. This should be done now that we change things anyway both for hotfixes and discontinue DEVELOP.

5 Any Other business

  • Until we have the new ChangeProposal process build on Codev (SamHasler has committed this) people should link the Codev topics that people want evaluated as simple WikiWord links to WhatIsIn04x01 (like we have done until now). This is a temporary process which hopefully is only needed a few more weeks.

Action Items

IRC Log

Back to: EdinburghRelease

Comments / Feedback

The meeting minutes are not taken in the previous EdinburghReleaseMeeting2006x09x04, therefore we are missing the action items to review.

-- PeterThoeny - 16 Sep 2006

Action items from last meeting has now been added.

-- KennethLavrsen - 16 Sep 2006

Proposal from Thomas Weigert to replace EditTablePlugin by EditTablerowPlugin has been refactored to EditTablerowPluginAsDefaultPlugin.

Additionally I have added it to WhatIsIn04x01 so that it can be a discussion subject at release meetings and I have added my comments.

-- KennethLavrsen - 20 Sep 2006

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r11 < r10 < r9 < r8 < r7 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r11 - 2006-09-22 - KennethLavrsen
 
  • Learn about TWiki  
  • Download TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl Hosted by OICcam.com Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback. Ask community in the support forum.
Copyright © 1999-2017 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.