Tags:
create new tag
, view all tags

Minutes of Edinburgh Release Meeting, 02 Oct 2006

TOC and Agenda

Logistics, Participants, IRC log

1. Review Previous Action Items

  • SamHasler: Draft the changes to the ChangeProposal process in Codev based on the brainstorming info from meeting on the 4th of Sep.
    • Work has started. Need more changes to make an autogenerated list a la WhatIsIn04x01.
  • RafaelAlvarez : Take a short stab at defining the scope of finishing the work of implementing TWikiFns including docs, t.o. code, testcases etc (based on TWikiFns, FnsAndMacrosDiscussion, and TWikiFnsDiscussion)
    • TWikiFns are considered dead for now.
  • ArthurClemens: Look at code in PreInstallSmartEditAddOn
    • Lots of work to complete. Will not be in 4.1. Deferred to later release.
  • Yes / Done - KennethLavrsen: Implement SVN based hotfix branch. Discuss the SVN technical detail with Crawford.
    • Need help with a release script that can generate the zip and tgz with only the changed files since a given SVN revision and only the files that are includes from the MANIFEST files.
  • SvenDowideit: Since we agreed to discontinue DEVELOP the ~develop part of bugs should be deactivated and a redirect made to ~twiki4. Sven we count on you even if you could not commit to do it at the meeting.
  • Yes / Done CrawfordCurrie and helpers: Update Codev topics to reflect that DEVELOP is dead.
    • Done
  • Yes / Done PeterThoeny: Create a Codev topic RenameTWiki4BranchToMAIN to coordinate the rename and the actions.

2. Review Pending Features of TWiki 4.1

  • Desired outcome: Clarify open question and decide on inclusion/exclusion of features

  • Current status can be seen in WhatIsIn04x01.
  • OrganizeTWikiVariables - not ready for voting but it may help getting an agreement if we spend 5 minutes on it with the scope of 4.1 in mind.
    • See action below
  • PluginHandlerForContentMove - need owner to drive it.
    • See action below
  • There are more topics that has not reached consensus but none are ready for a vote. Either the debate is going well or the topic is too new and needs more time.

3. TWiki 4.1 Release Timing

  • Desired outcome: Set tentative date of TWiki 4.1 Release

4. Rename TWikiRelease04x00 Branch to MAIN

  • The consensus is that we want to do it NOW. Or as soon as we can get Sven and Crawford to do the Bugs update. No wish to wait any longer. Would like it completed before 4.1 goes into final stage before release.

Action Items

  • Sam Hasler: Need more work on ChangeProposal to make a SEARCH possible for WhatIsIn04x01. Discuss further in PostDakarTrackingAndDiscussion.
  • Peter Thoeny: removes the VarXXXX topics that are admin types. (ref OrganizeTWikiVariables)
  • Crawford Currie: Propose how to avoid new handler in PluginHandlerForContentMove
    • Done.
  • All: Close Bugs items related to docs (currently 37 and at least 10 are important)
  • Beta release two weeks from now. week-end of 14-15 October Kenneth builds a 4.1-beta1 and release it for testing. Mainly to get more test exposure of configure.
  • Sven: We need you to comment on RenameTWiki4BranchToMAIN the effort needed to change Bugs to work with a MAIN branch.
    • The rename to MAIN was completed 08 Oct 2006
  • Crawford: We propose you volunteer to do the actual rename to MAIN (or copy to MAIN). Will you accept?
  • HELP: Need build script extended for patch releases (making the tgz/zip with only changed files)
  • HELP: Need Bugs:Item2884 closed for patch release 4.0.5. Currently only open candidate.

IRC Log

Back to: EdinburghRelease

Comments / Feedback

Topic attachments
I Attachment History Action Size Date Who Comment
Texttxt EdinburghMinutes2006x10x02.txt r1 manage 29.1 K 2006-10-02 - 22:00 KennethLavrsen IRC log from meeting
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r8 < r7 < r6 < r5 < r4 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r8 - 2006-10-08 - KennethLavrsen
 
  • Learn about TWiki  
  • Download TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl Hosted by OICcam.com Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback. Ask community in the support forum.
Copyright © 1999-2017 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.