Tags:
create new tag
, view all tags

Minutes of Edinburgh Release Meeting, 16 Oct 2006

TOC and Agenda

Logistics, Participants, IRC log

1. Review Previous Action Items

  • Sam Hasler: Need more work on ChangeProposal to make a SEARCH possible for WhatIsIn04x01. Discuss further in PostDakarTrackingAndDiscussion.
    • See action item below.
  • Peter Thoeny: removes the VarXXXX topics that are admin types. (ref OrganizeTWikiVariables)
    • DONE Done
  • Crawford Currie: Propose how to avoid new handler in PluginHandlerForContentMove
    • DONE Done.
  • All: Close Bugs items related to docs (currently 37 and at least 10 are important)
    • Not much has happened.
  • Beta release two weeks from now. week-end of 14-15 October Kenneth builds a 4.1-beta1 and release it for testing. Mainly to get more test exposure of configure.
    • See action below
  • Sven: We need you to comment on RenameTWiki4BranchToMAIN the effort needed to change Bugs to work with a MAIN branch.
    • DONE The rename to MAIN was completed 08 Oct 2006
  • Crawford: We propose you volunteer to do the actual rename to MAIN (or copy to MAIN). Will you accept?
  • HELP: Need build script extended for patch releases (making the tgz/zip with only changed files)
    • See actions.
  • HELP: Need Bugs:Item2884 closed for patch release 4.0.5. Currently only open candidate.
    • DONE Done.

Note in connection with patch releases. We agreed that ,v files are only added to SVN tags for minor and major releases. Patch releases are always relative to last minor/major.

2. Review Proposed Features of TWiki 4.1

  • Desired outcome: Clarify open question and decide on inclusion/exclusion of features

  • Current status can be seen in WhatIsIn04x01.
  • FindElsewherePluginAsDefaultPlugin - Start shipping FindElsewherePlugin -- WN
    • We will most likely vote this NO. The votes already given is a 3 against 1 for No.
      • Vote: 1 YES. 5 NO.
  • DateFieldPluginAsDefaultPlugin - Start shipping DateFieldPlugin -- WN
    • Consensus reached that it is OK to include function in core. But concern is raised aganst yet another default plugin. Nobody has taken the action to add this to core so we will vote on this one at this release meeting. Kenneth proposes discussing it to: 1. Vote no for the plugin solution. And 2. try and motivate a developer to taking the action.
      • Vote for including the plugin as it is today. 4 NO. 0 Yes.
      • The "adding to core" alternative needs to be defined before we can vote for this. Discussion continues in DateFieldPluginAsDefaultPlugin.
  • NeedSpecForFormValueInitialization - Need to clarify the spec -- TW
    • Decision at release meeting is to let Steffen review the proposed change for implications to TWiki Apps. And if he finds it safe it is accepted.
  • CustomizableNewWikiWordLink - nice enhancement, no brainer
    • Decision: 6 YES, 0 NO. With current layout as default.
  • PreventLinkToOneself, using 2 new CSS classes -- SvenDowideit
    • No decision. Need to know about behavour when topics are included in another.

3. TWiki 4.1 Release Timing

  • Desired outcome: Set tentative date of TWiki 4.1 Release

  • Kenneth builds beta within the next few days. No detailed release notes! Just tagged and built as is.
  • Code freeze about one week later - then only bug fixes allowed
  • RC1 2 weeks after beta

Action Items

  • Peter and Kenneth to provide feedback for Sam on PostDakarTrackingAndDiscussion
  • Kenneth to make short description of the requirements for the script to create the zips with only the changed files.
  • Kwang will use the above and make a stab on making the script.
  • Steffen - review the proposed change in NeedSpecForFormValueInitialization for implications to TWiki Apps. And if he finds it safe it is accepted.
  • Kenneth - build beta of 4.1

IRC Log

Back to: EdinburghRelease

Comments / Feedback

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r4 < r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r4 - 2006-10-16 - KennethLavrsen
 
  • Learn about TWiki  
  • Download TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl Hosted by OICcam.com Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback. Ask community in the support forum.
Copyright © 1999-2017 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.