Tags:
create new tag
, view all tags

Minutes of Edinburgh Release Meeting, 11 Dec 2006

TOC and Agenda

Logistics, Participants, IRC log

1. Review Previous Action Items

  • DONE Thomas: Move config setting for TemplatePathIsCounterintuitive to "miscellaneous settings" section in configure so it is not with the settings you setup as the first installation step.
  • Thomas: Update TWikiTemplates for the enhancement to Template path.
    • Awaiting feedback on TemplatePathBuginTWiki4x00 before completing documentation. -- TW
    • DECISION: "not documenting the strange behavior additions and leaving the code as is".
  • DONE Peter: Create TWikiTemplatesSupplement, a parallel to TWikiSkinsSupplement for templates; and link to it from TWikiTemplates
  • All, especially Arthur and Michael: Thomas would like feedback on the TemplatePathBuginTWiki4x00 topic.
  • DONE Thomas: Add small note in code implementing STARTTEXT and STOPTEXT that the feature is temporary and may be removed again.
  • DONE Unassigned: Fix build script
  • DONE Fix configure CPAN dependencies. CC fixed it well.
  • DONE Kenneth: Release beta2 when build script is fixed.

2. Review Proposed Features of TWiki 4.1

  • Desired outcome: Clarify open question

There are no more open feature requests in WhatIsIn04x01. One item has been accepted but driver has done nothing to implement it since October so this is deferred to 4.2.

3. Review Bug Fix Status of TWiki 4.1

  • Desired outcome: Accelerate bug fixing

  • There has been very good progress on bug fixing the past week. Many low/normal priority items have been closed. The most important requirement/urgent items have been addressed. Remaining requirement/urgent should be the focus now.

Requirement/Urgent bugs as of 10 Dec 2006 23:05 UTC

  • Bugs:Item3274 Pattern: Left bar style problems again - Cosmetic but KJL put it urgent because KJL believes Arthur can and will fix this in time for release. It is a style sheet issue. NO NEED TO DISCUSS.
  • Bugs:Item3270 Bracket notation does not work for all-lowercase topic names - Needs a programmer to fix it.
  • Bugs:Item2837 Edit and FormattedSearch expands , ", %, $ in $formfield(). - Needs a programmer to fix it.
  • Bugs:Item3181 Incorrect template search path inherited from TWiki 4.0. Need to discuss what it takes to close this.
  • Bugs:Item3153 INSTALL.html need to document new configure features - KennethLavrsen will action this during the next days now that the configure state is working well and dependency issues are resolved. NO NEED TO DISCUSS.
  • Bugs:Item2930 Printing truncates tables in FF only. - Known FF error. Need to try if we can make a workaround.
  • Bugs/Item3243 Web/SubWeb does no longer point to Web/SubWeb/WebHome
    • Propose to keep code and change test case.

Bugs (excluding enhancment bugs) that are waiting for feedback are listed below with the person that we are waiting for.

4. TWiki 4.1 Release Timing

  • Desired outcome: Set tentative date of TWiki 4.1 Release

Release Schedule

  • String freeze - today 11 Dec 2006
  • RC1 - 17 Dec 2006
  • Translations complete - 28 Dec 2006
  • RC2 - 29 Dec 2006
  • Release - first week 2007.

KennethLavrsen now proposes effective from NOW.

  • Code freeze. No more coding of any enhancements. Only bug fixes. We have had feature freeze. Now even accepted enhancements should be deferred to 4.2
    • Accepted. From now on only bug fixes.
  • String freeze. No changing or adding of strings inside MAKETEXT. Spelling errors can be fixed in provided that you update ALL the language files.
    • String freeze accepted.
  • Give translators go-ahead to update the language files.
    • Antonio starts the usual process of getting translations updated.

Action Items

  • Antonio Terceiro: Facilitate that translators are notified so we can get translations done ASAP
  • Skin experts. Give Thomas final feedback on TemplatePathBuginTWiki4x00 so he can finish the docs
  • Harald. Perl code for renaming is changed so that renaming and creation changes first letter to uppercase (ref Bugs:Item3270)
  • Skin/Javascripts changed so initial letter for renaming and creation changes first letter to uppercase.
    • Pattern: Arthur
    • Peter: Classic
  • Harald will give Bugs:Item2837 a try. (he could need a hint)
  • Kenneth will add a few lines of doc in INSTALL.html to close Bugs:Item3153
  • Arthur: Try making a workaround for Item2930 Printing truncates tables in FF only.
  • All: Make unit test cases pass
  • All: Sqash bugs until 17th Dec 17:00 UTC.
  • Kenneth: Build rc1 late evening the 17th. Please make sure you do not break build scripts. And make sure MANIFESTS are up to date.

IRC Log

Back to: EdinburghRelease

Comments / Feedback

I will not be able to attend as I am in Geneva, but the hotel does not have internet access... so sorry...

My action item report is that I have not completed the documentation of the template path as I am waiting for feedback on TemplatePathBuginTWiki4x00

-- ThomasWeigert - 11 Dec 2006

I happen to be working on fixing and simplifying the default skin - It may be worth considering if this should be commited in 4.1, as it is not currently used much, but when I'm done, it should be more possible to create new skins based on it.

-- SvenDowideit - 11 Dec 2006

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r8 < r7 < r6 < r5 < r4 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r8 - 2006-12-11 - PeterThoeny
 
  • Learn about TWiki  
  • Download TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl Hosted by OICcam.com Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback. Ask community in the support forum.
Copyright © 1999-2017 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.