Tags:
create new tag
, view all tags

Minutes of Freetown Release Meeting, 2007-07-16

TOC and Agenda

Logistics, Participants, IRC log

1. Action Item Review

  • Fix bugs, make unit tests, stay away from enhancements. And test test test.
  • All need to follow up on bugs waiting for feedback

2. Review Urgent Bugs

  • Desired outcome: Find owners to fix urgent bugs

  • The feature freeze has been broken with update of the PatternSkin. KennethLavrsen has raised many bug items ranging from urgent to cosmetic. This dramatic change should have been done after the release so we had time to discuss the changes and test them. None of the changes fixes any bugs. It is all a matter of personal preferences and design and I feel that we have lost some major navigational aids and introduced new bugs that we really did not need now.

Some important bugs to focus on

  • Bugs:Item4333 OppsException allows anything from a URL to parse through to the generated HTML incl scripts - This was originally reported on the security mailing list and we promissed to fix it in 4.2. It is important that TWiki as a project takes security seriously so let us do this one. Kenneth has worked on it but needs more feedback.
  • Bugs:Item2108 Better installation doc for TWikiAdminGroup - Kenneth is asking for feedback
  • Bugs:Item4048 EditTablePlugin: Password in URL params after template login - This is a real security issue and must be fixed

3. Coordinate TWiki Release 4.2

  • Desired outcome: Decide on tentative dates for string freeze and other dates; identify and assign action items

  • Feature freeze (last day to checkin new features): Monday 28 May 2007.
    • Still in effect
    • Feature freeze includes skin and templates!
  • Beta release:
    • Best guess is now 23 July 2007 for first beta
  • Earliest release date (can be delayed if too many bugs are open or tests fail):
    • Probably in August now

Action Items

  • Peter + Kenneth: Make a Codev + twiki-dev query for better meeting time for release meetings to get more to participate
  • Peter: Make a posting on twiki-dev about the Rome meeting

IRC Log

Back to: FreetownRelease

Comments / Feedback

The log file is not available (as of Tue Jul 24 14:37:58 UTC 2007) .

-- AntonioTerceiro - 24 Jul 2007

Done now.

-- PeterThoeny - 24 Jul 2007

Topic attachments
I Attachment History Action Size Date Who Comment
Texttxt FreetownMinutes2007x07x16.txt r1 manage 41.6 K 2007-07-24 - 19:10 PeterThoeny Freetown Meeting Minutes 2007-07-16
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r5 < r4 < r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r5 - 2007-07-24 - PeterThoeny
 
  • Learn about TWiki  
  • Download TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl Hosted by OICcam.com Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback. Ask community in the support forum.
Copyright © 1999-2017 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.