Tags:
create new tag
, view all tags

Minutes of Georgetown Release Meeting, 2008-03-03

TOC and Agenda

Logistics, Participants, IRC log

  • Date: Monday, 2008-03-03 21:00 GMT
  • IRC Channel: #twiki_release

Note: Release manager Kenneth Lavrsen is in Germany but has high speed internet and will be in the meeting.

1. Review Urgent Bugs with 4.2.1 scope

  • Bugs:Item4863 - RcsWrap does not support RcsDirs - Can we dump this feature or is it generally used by some customers who will be in trouble at next upgrade?
    • [22:30] <Lavr> I will raise a proposal topic and add myself as concern so the proposal does not get 14 day accepted.
    • [22:30] <Lavr> If someone screams I pull it back.
    • [22:30] <Lavr> We also post it in news letter as deprecation warning
  • Bugs:Item4946 - urlDecode() not working for characters represented by Unicode code points - Still need I18N skilled person. I (Kenneth) hoped Sopan wanted to look at this.
    • Peter will ask Sopan
  • Bugs:Item5118 - Difference from 4.1.2 - 4.2: Apache loginname no longer works with access control lists - Sven will you ever fix this?
    • Peter will ask Sopan
  • Bugs:Item5135 - EditTablePlugin must disable initsort when editing table TABLE tag to work with new move row feature - Arthur do you still plan to fix this?
    • Arthur owns but Kenneth asked Arthur to prioritize 5283 if there is not enough time for both
  • Bugs:Item5176 - %SCRIPTSUFIX% is added twice in TOC links - It seems Colas may be near a solution.
    • Colas
  • Bugs:Item5206 - Image not shown , when inserting image with Image button and not using any path - WYSIWYG bug
    • Arthur will look at it
  • Bugs:Item5283 - EditTablePlugin dollar percent expansion does not work correctly - Arthur is supposedly to look at this. Motorola Copenhagen alone has 3-4 application that have been broken since upgrade to 4.2.0
    • Arthur - high priority (according to Kenneth wink )
  • Bugs:Item5311 - deep recursion in getEmails() - waiting for reply from Michael Daum if fix should be merged to T42 branch
    • Michael?
  • Bugs:Item5341 - Simplify subversion organisation - Will anything be updated in TWikiRelease04x02 branch or do we leave this as is? Anything else. Note that related Bugs:Item5313 has been raised (no SVN references added to bug items anymore)
    • Statement from Kenneth. Please do not work on T42 branch until after 4.2.1 is released. We need to focus our forces.
  • Bugs:Item5345 - Logging in as admin still redirects to main home - why this this back? Has others confirmed this on T42 branch?
    • Colas will look at it
  • Bugs:Item5374 - After copy paste a link, the document isn't saved - Not sure this is a bug in the updated Wysiwyg and Tiny
    • Kenneth will write reporter to confirm the bug is not an old one reported which is fixed.
  • Bugs:Item5375 - Wrong path when inserting image using Attach icon - Wysiwyg plugin problem
    • See Item5206 which is related. Arthur.
  • Bugs:Item5391 - Dragging corners of table removes TML markup - can this be resolved without risking no longer being able to do clean HTML tables?
    • Colas will analyse - not committed to fix. Difficult bug. We can easily harm more than we fix
  • Bugs:Item5393 - Adding bullet right after a heading adds annoying html paragraph tags - Wysiwyg/TMCE - very very annoying. It happens all the time no matter what you edit. Bullet after heading is so common.
    • Colas will have a go
  • Bugs:Item5410 - WebSearchAdvanced does not regex search when you select that it should - Who broke it? I can fix it if needed (Kenneth)
    • Kenneth will try and fix this one

Besides the urgent there is a large backlog of Normal level bugs.

  • Desired release of 4.2.1 is end of March 2008. Hardly anyone has attemted to resolve even their own bugs. Kenneth wonders why we suddenly have left our customers totally unsupported after a release. This never happened before. We need to be preparred to follow up with quick fixes for the most urgent bugs after a release if TWiki we want TWiki to appear as a professionel product made by professionel developers. Let us give the urgent bugs some attention please.
    • Thanks to all that were at the release meeting and committed to take a look at the urgent bugs. Those that were not there. Do not hold back. If it is your own code and you can fix it quickly then please do.

2. Feature requests for Georgetown Release

  • Desired outcome: Discuss and decide on pending feature request that need attention

  • Review and confirm TWikiRoadMap as it was updated at the 2008 Q1 summit and later updated by the community.
    • quick poll: on scale of 1 (absolutely yes!) to 6 (no way), how much can you identify yourself with the stated roadmap?
    • All answered with 1. smile
    • Only one update since the Summit which was a comment from Sven and we all agree on that.
    • Summary - we have a string roadmap with broad acceptance it seems. And enough work to keep those busy that wants to be busy. And lot of work for new developers.
  • "Stable template baseline for skins" still needs more discussion since the key players did not show up.
    • Short discussion. Expect the skin experts to follow up with Codev proposals/docs with proposals how to address this.

Action Items

  • Work on bug fixes with an expected 4.2.1 release end of March.

Back to: GeorgetownRelease

Comments / Feedback

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r4 < r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r4 - 2008-03-03 - PeterThoeny
 
  • Learn about TWiki  
  • Download TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl Hosted by OICcam.com Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback. Ask community in the support forum.
Copyright © 1999-2017 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.