Tags:
create new tag
, view all tags

Minutes of Georgetown Release Meeting, 2008-04-14

TOC and Agenda

Logistics, Participants, IRC log

  • Date: Monday, 2008-04-14 20:00 GMT
  • IRC Channel: #twiki_release

1. Review Urgent Bugs with 4.2.1 scope

  • Bugs:Item5539 - Sandbox incorrectly escapes " on Windows
  • Bugs:Item5447 - ChangePassword does not store new password
    • Waiting for Feedback from Arthur Clemens
  • Bugs:Item5529 - SEARCHes of type word do not work if word is non-English and with TWiki running utf-8
  • Bugs:Item5528 - Item4946 creates a problem with non-english inside verbatim blocks
    • Assuming Crawford is looking at this
  • Bugs:Item5437 - UTF-8 fixes for TWiki 4.2
    • Assuming Crawford is looking at this
  • Bugs:Item5443 - Searches related to TOPICINFO don't work as expected
    • Waiting for feedback from Harald Joerg
  • Bugs:Item5514 - suppressTWikiSaveValidation and validateTWikiMandatoryFields Javascript errors in IE and Firefox
    • Arthur looks at it
  • Bugs:Item5485 - Attachments containing special characters (e.g. german umlauts: ) can not be opened any more
  • Bugs:Item5375 - Wrong path when inserting image using Attach icon
    • Waiting for Feedback from Arthur Clemens
  • Bugs:Item5511 - Updated attachment gets renamed to attachment name: leads to read errors
    • Votes said 3 are for reverting back the behaviour to 4.1.2 and 2 are for keeping new behaviour.
  • Bugs:Item5489 - Tables can no longer be rendered in text area form fields
  • Bugs:Item5345 - Logging in as admin still redirects to main home
    • Colas will look as he can reproduce it
  • Bugs:Item5316 - PHP flag in pub-htaccess.txt is not working with PHP running as CGI
    • Kenneth is working on this. Requires setting up a machine with PHP running as CGI so it is a time consuming effort to verify the assumed fix.
  • Bugs:Item5451 - MailInContrib reveals error in Password.pm, that has been carried over to LdapContrib
    • Waiting for feedback from Michael Daum
  • Bugs:Item5118 - Difference from 4.1.2 - 4.2: Apache loginname no longer works with access control lists
    • Harlan will look at it.

2. Feature requests for Georgetown Release

It is very difficult to have a debate on feature proposals made ready for decision at the release meeting when those that debate most on Codev do not show up at the release meetings. The TWiki release meetings is the "authority" with respect to what goes in and out of our releases. Naturally we cannot all make all release meetings but there are some that have many opinions against proposals raised by committed developers on Codev that never show up anymore. This has become a problem because it means decisions are being dragged forever.

At todays meeting there were two proposals that had been marked ready for release meeting for several meetings.

  • MoveToJQuery - We voted on the original proposal by Arthur - it was accepted by 4 votes against 0. Several did not vote because the feature does not directly change the way TWiki is seen from a users view so we let the specialists make the decision.
  • ProcessAddToHeadAdds - We were close to voting but the release manager proposed to give the objectors one last chance to improve the proposals. At next release meeting in two weeks we will vote for whatever is at the topic of the proposal topic as this proposal is now 414 days old as we write these minutes.

Action Items

Back to: GeorgetownRelease

Comments / Feedback

It is very difficult to turn up to meetings when the email arrives 5 hours before hand, and the meeting is while I'm deep in REM sleep. As there has been no attempt to have a time that is functional for Sydney for over 2 years, and there are complaints about the lateness of meeting times for Europeans, I suggest the lack of attendance is something that can be proactivly addressed.

-- SvenDowideit - 14 Apr 2008

I also note that there was no mention of a vote, or even that those 2 proposals would be rushed through in the ajenda for this meeting, preventing anyone from commenting ahead of time.

The age of the proposal is pretty irrelevant. We have much older proposals that have been undecided or unimplemented.

(My interest is obvious, as I don't want them implemented in a way that leaves me with no choices other than ot fork that functionality.)

-- SvenDowideit - 15 Apr 2008

We are having this meeting the same time every 2 weeks. The release meetings have followed the same regular scheme for years. You had TWO nicks present. Surely you knew the meeting was there. The agenda is the same each time and the two proposal have been marked ready for release meeting for several meetings.

With respect to the release meeting time we should maybe put it earlier. We are many that loose night sleep because we wanted the one developer in Australia present. But as Koen remarked you are hardly ever there anyway so maybe we should move it one hour earlier in the hope we get more of the European developers and users present.

-- KennethLavrsen - 15 Apr 2008

I am hardly ever there precisly because 6am in the morning is not a plausible time for me to attend. The assertion that the current time is for my benefit is false, as I point out above.

-- SvenDowideit - 15 Apr 2008

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r7 < r6 < r5 < r4 < r3 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r7 - 2008-04-15 - SvenDowideit
 
  • Learn about TWiki  
  • Download TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl Hosted by OICcam.com Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback. Ask community in the support forum.
Copyright © 1999-2017 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.