- Placing the showcase in a prominent position on twiki.org homepage
- See below for idea about website mockup (designed to showcase multiple apps)
- Having a contest for TWiki App Developers to submit their applications for prizes (similar to what was done for the YouTube contest, below)
Testimonials (including YouTube contest)
TWiki has a huge installed base and we need to make use of this to get the word out there. The most exciting part of this is the YouTubeDemoContest2008
where you could win up to $2,000 for a short video telling the story about how great TWiki is.
- The TWiki community has its own blog
- If you'd like to write a blog entry but are not sure what to write about, take a look at BlogIdeas.
- If you've got an idea for a blog but can't write it yourself why not add it to BlogIdeas and ask for a co-author. Wikis are all about collaboration, right?
- Press the button! We're not looking for perfection so why not jump in and create a blog post. There is a button on the page BlogIdeas entitled “Write new post”. (You'll need to be a member of TWikiAdminGroup. Details on how to become a member are on the TWikiAdminGroup itself.)
- We are currently under utilising blogging as a way to promote TWiki and we are currently looking at ways to correct this. Join the discussion at TWikiBlogStrategy.
Microblogging with Twitter
The TWiki community has two microblogs on Twitter. if you're not quite ready to write a full blog entry
, how about 140 characters?!
Read more at TWikiTwitters
Website layout and design
Everyone's agreed that TWiki.org needs a makeover and work is already underway on the new website. See pages:
- Our current policy is to issue press releases for each new software release.
- TWikiAdvocacy covers advocacy topics for each release.
Sixty people showed up to the first meet up
held in Silicon Valley, it was judged a success and another one is planned soon. There are meet ups in the rest of the world too, see TWikiMeetUps
Get Involved in TWiki Marketing
The quickest way to find out what's going on in TWiki marketing and how you can contribute is to go along to one of the fortnightly (every two weeks) marketing meetings (below). Below you will find a list of open "Marketing To-Dos". If you can, help us to add new action items or finish some. We appreciate your help a lot!
Minutes of Marketing Meetings
See also: TWikiAdvocacy