TWiki is open source software.
The Perl CGI
source code, default templates and documentation are available for free and can be redistributed under the terms of GPL (GNU General Public License). The identical .zip and .tgz packages can be used on all platforms; an installation guide
is included in the package; supplemental documentation
contains platform-specific instructions.
Download TWiki Release 4.3.1
TWiki is a flexible, powerful, and easy to use enterprise collaboration platform. It is a Structured Wiki which can be used to run a project development space, a document management system, a knowledge base, or any other groupware tool, on an intranet or on the internet.
TWiki-4.3.1 released on 2009-04-29 introduces security enhancements. This release also introduces use of ISO date format by default. TWiki-4.3.0 introduced security enhancements, usability enhancements, feature enhancements, and added extensions to strengthen TWiki as an enterprise collaboration platform.
It is highly recommended to upgrade to TWiki-4.3.1. Users will find this release much more stable and secure in daily use.
TWiki-4.3 Release highlights
- Security Enhancements
- Usability Enhancements
- Replace question mark links with red-links to point to non-existing topics
- Use ISO date format by default - added in TWiki-4.3.1
- Enterprise Collaboration Enhancements
- Pre-installed HeadlinesPlugin to show headline newsfeeds in TWiki topics
- Pre-installed TWikiNetSkin, TWikiNetSkinPlugin for corporate look and feel
- Search Enhancements
- Add footer parameter to Formatted Search
- Add number of topics to Formatted Search
- Miscellaneous Feature Enhancements
- Control over variable expansion at topic creation time
- 17 new TWikiDocGraphics images
- Include URL supports list of domains to exclude from proxy
- Adding Korean language
- Plugin Enhancements
- SpreadSheetPlugin: 5 new functions
TWiki-4.3.1 Bugfix Highlights
- TWiki:Codev/SecurityAlert-CVE-2009-1339: A remote user may gain TWiki admin privileges with a specially crafted image tag. This cross-site request forgery vulnerability existed because TWiki allowed HTTP GET to save content.
- Handling URLPARAM:
- The handling of empty or missing URLPARAM was corrected
TWiki-4.3.0 Bugfix Highlights
See the full bug list
See the full feature list
- Review code for robustness and security
- Secure configure script with taint mode turned on
- %TOC% does not distinguish two headlines that have the same text
- TablePlugin produces bad links for sorting when using "short" URLs
- %SCRIPTSUFFIX% is added twice in %TOC% links
- Incorrect Content-length breaks HTTP headers, a.o. pound fail results
- TablePlugin: Date sorting is broken
- Bullet lists in form fields are not rendered properly
- TWiki Forms expand variables like $nop, $quote $percnt
- TwistyPlugin: Twisty can't be placed in TWiki table cells
- Users and groups:
- TWikiGroups shows all members twice
- WysiwygPlugin: Bolding single character within a word introduces spaces around bolded character
- configure's get more extensions does not work well without LWP
- CommentPlugin: Lost data if it's targeted before/after a missing anchor
- Plugin installation fails on windows: extender.pl line 684
- Statistics script does not handle properly topics with special characters
Release Download Information
Upgrading From TWiki-4.2.x and TWiki-4.3.0
TWiki-4.3.1 has a significant number of changes compared to previous TWiki-4.2.x and TWiki-4.3.x releases so it is not feasible to provide a download file with only the changed files. Instead we provide upgrade packages TWiki-4.3.1-upgrade.zip and TWiki-4.3.1-upgrade.tgz where the most common tailored files are omitted. Most people will be able to copy these files on top of a running TWiki-4.2.x or TWiki-4.3.x (always take a backup). If you upgrade from TWiki-4.2.x it is recommended to regenerate the
lib/LocalSite.cfg by renaming it as a backup and re-running configure which will create a new
LocalSite.cfg. You can use your backup to refer to your old settings.
Note that TWiki.TWikiPreferences will be overwritten by the upgrade package as it contains an important update. If you have changed TWiki.TWikiPreferences (which we advice not to do, instead copy the settings to Main.TWikiPreferences) make sure to save a copy before applying the upgrade.
The upgrades are cumulative, that is, the TWiki-4.3.1 upgrade includes the changes from TWiki-4.2.1 through TWiki-4.3.0. You do not need to apply one by one.
The TWikiReleaseNotes04x03 contains additional information for the upgrader.
Upgrading From TWiki-4.1.x
Significant changes has been made since TWiki-4.1.2 so upgrading cannot be done by applying a patch.
The upgrade can be done relatively easily by following the the procedure described on TWikiUpgradeGuide.
After a new release the more annoying bugs are listed at known issues of TWiki-4.3, alongside with workarounds where possible.
- This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
- This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- See the GNU General Public License for more details, published at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
- Please note that TWiki is not distributed under the LGPL (Lesser General Public Licence), which implies TWiki can only be distributed with software that is licensed under conditions compliant with the GPL. Embedding in proprietary software requires an alternative license. Contact the author for details.
Bugs And Support
Found a bug? Please report bugs in TWikibug:WebHome
Installation or deployment question? Please ask support questions in the Support
web (after reviewing the SupportGuidelines