TWiki is open source software.
The Perl CGI
source code, default templates and documentation are available for free and can be redistributed under the terms of GPL (GNU General Public License). The identical .zip, .tgz and .tar.bz2 packages can be used on all platforms; an installation guide
is included in the package; supplemental documentation
contains platform-specific instructions.
TWiki-5.0.0 released on 2010-05-29 is a major release with security enhancements, usability enhancements, feature enhancements, and added extensions to strengthen TWiki as an enterprise collaboration platform.
TWiki-5.0.1 released on 2009-10-10 is a patch release that adds some minor new features and fixes a number of bugs.
It is highly recommended to upgrade to TWiki-5.0.1. Users will find this release much more stable and secure in daily use.
TWiki-5.0 Release highlights
See the full feature and bug list
See the contributor list
- Security Enhancements
- Configure script requires authentication to reduce exposure of internal system settings.
- The twiki root directory is no longer HTML doc enabled, reducing the odds of exposing data due to webserver misconfiguration.
- Usability Enhancements
- New TopMenuSkin with pulldown menus for better usability and corporate/modern look&feel.
- Attach multiple files at once, useful when attaching many files.
- Pre-installed TagMePlugin, useful to tag topics to quickly access content in a large TWiki.
- Upgraded TinyMCEPlugin to latest TinyMCE 184.108.40.206 for better WYSIWYG editing experience.
- Better indication of breadcrumb in top menu of TopMenuSkin - added in TWiki-5.0.1
- Better display of topic diffs in debug mode - added in TWiki-5.0.1
- TWiki Application Platform Enhancements
- Improvements to ENCODE, IF, URLPARAM, WEB and WEBLIST variables.
- Search Enhancements
- Query syntax with array size, useful to query TWiki forms and attachments.
- Query syntax can be used in format parameter of search, giving more control over formatting.
- Miscellaneous Feature Enhancements
- Adding 51 new TWikiDocGraphics icons, and 11 updated icons.
- The TWiki doc graphics library is now aware of image size and is cached for speed.
- Support authenticated proxy - added in TWiki-5.0.1
- Plugin Enhancements
- SpreadSheetPlugin: Improvements to $TIME() and $NOP() functions.
- SpreadSheetPlugin: Add ISO 8601 week number to FORMATTIME - added in TWiki-5.0.1
- HeadlinesPlugin: New touch parameter in HEADLINES variable to alert users via e-mail notification of news updates
- API: New TWiki::Func::buildWikiWord function
Release Download Information
Upgrading From TWiki-5.0.0
An upgrade package will be made available. Stay tuned.
Upgrading From TWiki-4.x.x
Significant changes has been made since TWiki-4.3.2 so upgrading cannot be done by applying a patch.
The upgrade can be done relatively easily by following the the procedure described on TWikiUpgradeGuide
Known defects are listed at known issues of TWiki-5.0
, alongside with workarounds where possible.
- This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
- This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- See the GNU General Public License for more details, published at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
- Please note that TWiki is not distributed under the LGPL (Lesser General Public Licence), which implies TWiki can only be distributed with software that is licensed under conditions compliant with the GPL. Embedding in proprietary software requires an alternative license. Contact the author for details.
Bugs And Support
Found a bug? Please report bugs in TWikibug:WebHome
Installation or deployment question? Please ask support questions in the Support
web (after reviewing the SupportGuidelines