Download TWiki Release 5.1.2
TWiki is open source software.
The Perl CGI
source code, default templates and documentation are available for free and can be redistributed under the terms of GPL (GNU General Public License). The identical .zip and .tgz packages can be used on all platforms; an installation guide
is included in the package; supplemental documentation
contains platform-specific instructions.
TWiki-5.1.2 released on 2012-10-07 is a patch release that adds some minor new features and fixes a number of bugs.
TWiki-5.1.1 released on 2012-01-14 is a patch release that adds some minor new features and fixes a number of bugs.
TWiki-5.1.0 released on 2011-08-20 is a major release that brings many usability enhancements (such as point and click user data management, more visual user profile pages with picture selector, and a backup feature that helps upgrade TWiki sites) and strengthens TWiki as an application platform (such as a new macro language with parameterized variables).
It is highly recommended to upgrade to TWiki-5.1.2. Users will find this release much more usable, stable and secure in daily use.
TWiki-5.1.0, TWiki-5.1.1 & TWiki-5.1.2 Release highlights
See the full feature and bug list
See the contributor list
- Usability Enhancements
- API and GUI for point and click user data management
- Support disabled users in password manager
- More visual user profile pages with in-place editing of form fields and picture selector
- In-place editing of TWiki group settings using PreferencesPlugin
- Point and click bookmarks for better usability
- Improved statistics showing overall site usage over time, such as total number of webs, topics, users, etc
- TopMenuSkin: Option for auto-hidden or fixed top menu-bar; in auto-hidden mode, menu is always accessible with stub - added in TWiki-5.1.2
- TWiki Application Platform Enhancements
- Macro language with parameterized variables
- Ability to auto-create page on view if it does not exist
- Relative heading levels for INCLUDE
- Relative heading levels for SEARCH
- Security Enhancements
- Set a flag to force password change on next login
- S/Mime support for notification e-mails
- Miscellaneous Feature Enhancements
- Plugin Enhancements
- New BackupRestorePlugin to easily backup, restore and upgrade TWiki installations
- BackupRestorePlugin: Add restore from backup feature - added in TWiki-5.1.1
- New SetGetPlugin that can store variables persistently
- New ColorPickerPlugin to pick a color in form fields
- SpreadSheetPlugin: New functions BITXOR(), HEXENCODE(), HEXDECODE(), XOR()
- SpreadSheetPlugin: New functions FLOOR() and CEILING() - added in TWiki-5.1.1
- SpreadSheetPlugin: New CALCULATE variable using the register tag handler for variable evaluation with proper inside-out, left-to-right eval order; new functions $ISDIGIT(), $ISLOWER(), $ISUPPER(), $ISWIKIWORD() and $FILTER() - added in TWiki-5.1.2
- SetGetPlugin: Add REST interface - added in TWiki-5.1.2
Release Download Information
Upgrade From Earlier Releases
For an easy point& click upgrade, use the preinstalled BackupRestorePlugin
and follow the instructions at BackupRestorePlugin#UpgradeTWiki
. For a manual upgrade, follow the TWikiUpgradeGuide
to install TWiki and migrate data from your existing TWiki.
Known defects are listed at known issues of TWiki-5.1
, alongside with workarounds where possible.
- This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
- This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- See the GNU General Public License for more details, published at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
- Please note that TWiki is not distributed under the LGPL (Lesser General Public Licence), which implies TWiki can only be distributed with software that is licensed under conditions compliant with the GPL. Embedding in proprietary software requires an alternative license. Contact the author for details.
Bugs And Support
Found a bug? Please report bugs in TWikibug:WebHome
Installation or deployment question? Please ask support questions in the Support
web (after reviewing the SupportGuidelines