Use these groups to define fine grained access control
- 45 members: AbieSwanepoel, AlexeyDegtyarev, AndreUlrich, AndrewMoise, AntonAylward, AntonioTerceiro, CrawfordCurrie, FrankHartmann, GeorgeTrubisky, GilmarSantosJr, GregAbbas, HaraldJoerg, HideyoImazu, HorstEsser, IanKluft, JiahaoWang, JoanTouzet, JustinKim, KoenMartens, KrassimirBerov, LynnwoodBrown, MahiroAndo, MarioFrasca, MartinCleaver, MartinRaabe, MattWilkie, MeredithLesly, MichaelDaum, OliverKrueger, PeterJones, PeterNixon, RafaelAlvarez, SpirosDenaxas, StefanWalter, SteffenPoulsen, SvenHess, TaitCyrus, TerjeAndersen, ThomasWeigert, TimotheLitt, TravisBarker, TusharMurudkar, VernonLyon, WillNorris, YaojunFei
- 1724 members: AJAlfieriCrispin, AaronLWalker, AaronWebb, AbdielQuezada, AbhinaiSrivastava, AbhinavToshniwal, AdamLeviston, AdamMitchell, AdamShand, AdamShelton, AdamTankanow, AdaneGebretsadik, AdrianHutchinson, AdrianPerezGalvan, AdvaYeheskel, AgustinCastro, AidanHennessy, AjayKumarArisetti, AjaykumarRMaurya, AjitabhPandey, AkanChen, AkhilDharwadkar, AkhileshAnakapally, AlainMivilleDeChene, AlainRUSSIER, AlanBoate, AlanDayley, AlanRubin, AlanSteel, AlastairMunro, AlbertGuo, AlbertUy, AlbertoDuran, AlejandroDandrea, AlejandroDeLaGarza, AlejandroDiaz, AlekseyTsalolikhin, AlexBernegger, AlexEscalona, AlexFerucci, AlexSchuilenburg, AlexanderAraratyan, AlexanderIvanov, AlexanderKamotsky, AlexanderKolov, AlexanderPico, AlexanderSchwartz, AlexanderSmishlajev, AlexeyChugayenko, AlexeyDegtyarev, AlfredoJahn, AllanHNeoh, AllanSjogren, AlokKurtakoti, AmirHafiz, AamirMalik, AmirthaVani, AmitPrabhakar, AnandPatil, AndersAArdahl, AndrasSzell, AndreBertelliAraujo, AndreFrech, AndreLegrand, ...
Think twice before restricting write access to a web or a topic, because an open system where everybody can contribute is the essence of WikiCulture
. Experience shows that unrestricted write access works very well because:
Related topics: TWikiAccessControl
- There is enough peer pressure to post only appropriate content.
- Content does not get lost because topics are under revision control.
- A topic can be rolled back to a previous version.
-- Contributors: PeterThoeny
If you want to find fellow TWiki'er, take a look at TWikiUserGroups
and make sure you have a City: field in your home topic.
- 16 Jul 2003
It would be interesting to extract location data out of registered userbase and see where are the strongest concentrations of Wiki users. This would be a good content/information to test WikiDataVisualisation
Maybe some users would like to meet occasionally with neighbours for exchanging TWikiTipsAndTricks
, joint TWikiAdvocacy
, development/customisation issues or just a coffee
- 07 Aug 2002
Well, you posted that 18 months ago but its still true. How to organise? -- AC
Changed Main.TwikiAdvocacy to Codev.TWikiAdvocacy, so as to link to the (now) pre-existing topic. As for the location data idea...interesting, but perhaps less than completely feasible? I don't know about worldwide users, but for the USA at least you could map TWikiUsersToZipCodes
for a decent, compact, processable location list. Any better ideas?
- 08 Jan 2003
I think most of the creators of the groups have not read the IMPORTANT NOTE
? All the groups are closed an write protected
It would be nice to join one of the groups, for example the DeutschsprachigeTWikiUserGroup
, but I would have named it GermanTWikiUserGroup
. And it should be open, so users can add themself.
- 26 Jun 2003
I agree I find the inability to add yourself to groups or create new groups a nuisance but I guess the reason for this imposed discipline it that it means the groups which do exist really do exist and do something
- 25 Jun
Now we have a simple way to list and create TWiki groups.
- 03 Aug 2004
Thanks Aurelio. We will take this into CairoRelease
after some tweaks by WillNorris
- 05 Aug 2004
Doing my 1st upgrade to CairoRelease
I noticed that this topic had changed. Is it now the case that any page ending in "Group" is now listed here, and that this could modify the effective groups present on a system at upgrade? e.g. because some of them had been removed from the TWikiGroups
page but still had a page (e.g. SomeUnusedGroup).
If so, perhaps we should add something to the TWikiUpgradeGuide
- 16 Sep 2004
I made the search a little bit more strict by search all *Group topics for string
. This should reduce the chance of hitting a topic by mistake (but does not solve the SomeUnusedGroup example)
I added a note to the TWikiUpgradeGuide
- 17 Sep 2004
moved create group form to top as it gets lost when there are a lot of groups and because it's small.
- 17 Sep 2004
someone tell me how restore user password
Miguel, please ask in the Support