Main Web Preferences
The following settings are web preferences
of the Main
web. These preferences override the site-level preferences
, and can be overwritten by user preferences
(your personal topic, such as TWikiGuest
in the Main
web). These web preferences can be overridden by topic preferences
, e.g. preferences in individual topics.
Web Preferences Settings
These settings override the defaults for this web only. See full list of defaults with explanation
- List of topics of the TWiki.Main web:
- Web specific background color:
- List this web in the SiteMap:
- If yes, Set SITEMAPLIST =
on, and add the "what" and "use to..." description for the site map. Make sure to list only links that include the name of the web, e.g. Main.Topic links.
- Set SITEMAPLIST = on
- Set SITEMAPWHAT = TWiki home with users and groups for access control
- Set SITEMAPUSETO = ...get a first-hand feel for TWiki possibilities.
- Exclude web from a
web="all" search: (Set to
on for hidden webs)
- Default template for new topics and form(s) for this web:
- Attachment file size limit, in KB:
- Set ATTACHFILESIZELIMIT = 512
- Note to spammer:
- Set THIS_IS_A_SPAMMER =
Note to spammers: Don't even think of registering on twiki.org!
This spam account has been deleted
• Your domain ends up on a shared spam list.
• Spam is removed quickly, and TWiki uses noindex tag on recent page updates, defeating getting indexed by search engines.
• Your IP address is banned and is put on a shared spam list.
• Your e-mail is reported.
Access Control and Security
- Users or groups who are not / are allowed to view / change / rename topics in the Main web: (See TWikiAccessControl).
- Set DENYWEBVIEW =
- Set ALLOWWEBVIEW =
- Set DENYWEBCHANGE =
- Set ALLOWWEBCHANGE =
- Set DENYWEBRENAME =
- Set ALLOWWEBRENAME = TWikiCommunityGroup
- Users or groups allowed to change or rename this WebPreferences topic: (I.e. TWikiAdminGroup)
- Web preferences that are not allowed to be overridden by user preferences:
- Set FINALPREFERENCES = NOSEARCHALL, ATTACHFILESIZELIMIT, WIKIWEBMASTER, WEBCOPYRIGHT, WEBTOPICLIST, DENYWEBVIEW, ALLOWWEBVIEW, DENYWEBCHANGE, ALLOWWEBCHANGE, DENYWEBRENAME, ALLOWWEBRENAME
Help on Preferences
- A preference setting is defined by:
3 or 6 spaces * Set NAME = value
- A preferences setting can be disabled with a # sign. Remove the # sign to enable a local customization. Example:
- Preferences are used as TWikiVariables by enclosing the name in percent signs. Example:
- When you write variable
%WEBBGCOLOR% , it gets expanded to
- The sequential order of the preference settings is significant. Define preferences that use other preferences first, i.e. set
%WEBCOPYRIGHT% uses the
- You can introduce your own preferences variables and use them in your topics and templates.
Rename, Move or Delete this Web
- Note: The Main web cannot be renamed. See also: ManagingWebs