Recent versions of PatternSkin (2014-05-21 or newer) has the drag and drop feature of DrozoneJSSkin integrated. So there is not much use of this skin anymore.
This skin still exists mainly for people who cannot touch PatternSkin
but can install a new skin.
And understanding how the drag and drop feature works might be easier with this skin than PatternSkin
The DropzoneJSSkin adds a file drag and drop capability to an attach page of the PatternSkin
It's implemented using HTML5 features without using Flash.
So it determines whether the web browser is compatible of the drag and drop capability.
If it isn't, the capability is suppressed and the attach pgae works just like the pattern skin's attach page.
As shown on the screenshot, if the skin is in effect, on an HTML5 capable browser, on an attachment handling page, you see a "Drop files or click" area in place of a button to open a file dialog box.
You can either drag and drop files (one or more) or click the area to see a file dialog box.
- File uploading starts when you click the "Upload file" button
- You can remove a file from the file list by clicing the "Remove file" button under the file's thumbnail image
- On a file dialog box opened when you click the area, you can select more than one files, which is not possible with the ordinary attach page
- It observes
- You can upload up to 10 files at a time. If you drop or select more than that, the 11th file onward are not uploaded
- Chrome 7+
- Firefox 4+
- IE 10+
- Opera 12+ (Version 12 for Mac OS is disabled because their API is buggy)
- Safari 6+
For all the other brwowsers, this skin shows the same attach page as PatternSkin
You do not need to install anything on the browser to use this skin. The following instructions are for the administrator who installs the skin on the server where TWiki is running.
How it's working
As the name of this skin suggests, this skin is using DropzoneJS
When an attach page of this skin is loaded by the brower, DOM-wise, it's almost the same as an attach page of PatternSkin
Then, a piece of JavaScrip code is kicked through
That code checks if the browser is capable of drag and drop.
If it is, the page is modified for drag and drop.
DropzoneJS is flexible enough to be configured to behave like PatternSkin
's attach page.
Needless to say, it should be easy to have an attachment drag and drop feature on a TWiki topic mimicking
- Set SHORTDESCRIPTION = Skin with a file drag and drop capability on the attach page
|| TWikibug:Item7501: DropzoneJSSkin and PatternSkin with DropzoneJSSkin integrated fail to update file with the manage attachment action
|| Documentation update concerning PatternSkin had drag and drop feature integrated
|| Documentation update, cope with ATTACHFILESIZELIMIT = 0
|| Upgraded dropzone.js to version 3.9.0
|| Upgraded dropzone.js; Skin documentation improvement
|| TWikibug:Item7488: Initial release