What TWiki.org is Not
Purpose of TWiki.org
TWiki.org is here to:
TWiki.org is not a free host or webspace provider
You may not host your own website, blog, or wiki at TWiki.org. TWiki.org pages are not:
- Personal homepages. TWiki users have their own personal pages, but they are used for information relevant to working on developing TWiki.
- If you are looking to make a personal webpage unrelated to TWiki development (e.g. posting your resume), please make use of one of the many free homepage providers on the Internet.
- However, it is OK to register on TWiki.org and to try TWiki in the Sandbox web.
- File storage areas. Please upload only files that are used (or will be used) in TWiki development or to test the attachment facility (please do this by attaching to one of the Sandbox Topics). Any attachments that are off-topic or inappropriate will be deleted.
- Places to increase the search engine rating of your website. We have zero tolerance towards link spam (WikiSpam and HtmlAttachmentSpam). TWiki.org shares a link spam list with other wiki engines.
Where to host your own content
If you are interested in using TWiki for your own collaboration needs, you are encouraged to install the open source TWiki software on your own webserver. To get started quickly consider a TWiki hosting solution
. If inclined, you can get TWikiConsultants
to get your TWiki up and running.
-- Contributors: SamHasler
Comments & Questions about this Supplemental Document Topic