Register users on your TWiki site; change/reset/install passwords; remove user accounts
Authentication and Access Control
Change, Reset and Install Passwords
- ChangePassword is for users who remember their password
- ResetPassword is for users who do not remember their password; they are asked to send a request to the site administrator to install a new password
- InstallPassword is for the site administrator to install a password
Removing User Accounts
To remove a user account:
- Edit the
data/.htpasswd file to delete their entry (only applies if you are using a .htpasswd file)
- Remove the
FredQuimby line from the Main.TWikiUsers topic
- Remove user from all groups and from all the
ALLOWWEB/ALLOWTOPIC... declarations, if any.
Note: Otherwise this is a security hole as the first one to re-register with this name will be granted the permissions of the previous user.
- [optional] Remove their topic files:
Consider leaving the user topic file in place so their past signatures and revision author entries don't end up looking like AnUncreatedTopic
. If you want to make it clear the user is inactive on your site (e.g. PeterThoeny
) or has been banished add a note to that effect and write protect the page (TWikiAccessControl
). The existance of the UserName topic prevent that user name from being re-used.
- 21 Jul 2003
- 15 Aug 2004