Remix Gen Add-On
This plugin enables you to drag and drop multiple topics from one or
more webs, arrange them in the order you prefer and export them as an
indexed pdf document. Covers can also be chosen (from a seperate
This is an extension of the Generate PDF Add-On (GenPDFAddOn
). It requires the GenPDFAddOn but will not effect GenPDFAddOn's normal functions.
for a working example
1. set webs (comma separated) you want to from the remix function with REMIXWEBEXCLUDE (in Main/WebPreferences)
2. set topics (comma separated) you want to exclude from all webs with REMIXTOPICEXCLUDE (in Main/WebPreferences)
3. change the remix.tmpl to the look and feel of your site.
4. add some topics to ManualCover
web (created with this plugin) with cover designs. These will appear in the dropdown box in step 6. (hint : you can use '%MANUAL_TITLE%' in a cover and it will print the title given in step 6 on the cover).
5. go to
6. On this page you can choose from the listed webs via a drop down menu, and then drag chapters to the box on the left. Then press 'export'. You must then fill in the document title, choose a cover, and then press 'export' again. The document will be exported to an indexed PDF with the chapters in the order you chose, with the cover you choose.
This plugin originally developed for http://www.flossmanuals.net
The following table shows the various configuration variables and their meaning. The first column shows the variable to use if using a TWiki
preference variable (i.e. Set VARIABLE = ). The third column gives the default value if TWiki preference variable is not used.
Add-On Installation Instructions
You do not need to install anything on the browser to use this add-on. The following instructions are for the administrator who installs the add-on on the server where TWiki is running.
- Download the ZIP file from the Add-on Home (see below)
RemixAddOn.zip in your twiki installation directory. Content:
| File: || Description: |
| Add-on topic |
| Add-on topic repository |
| Default cover |
| Credits topic |
| MochiKit library |
| Add-on script |
| Template |
Related Topic: TWikiAddOns
- Set SHORTDESCRIPTION = Helps you remix and export your Web.
- 29 May 2007