This add-on adds a "Subscribe Topic" button next to the Edit, Attach, Printable buttons.
When clicked it will add a user and the topic to the WebNotify
system reads the WebNotify
topic and sends a mail if the specified topic changes.
The Subscribe add-on is based on PerTopicNotificationAddOn
- Log in.
- Click on the "Subscribe Topic" button to add the current topic to the Notification list.
The Subscribe Add-on will make changes to WebNotify
based on the following decisions:
- User is not in WebNotify: --> Add ' * User: + Topic' to WebNotify.
- User is in WebNotify:
- User gets notified for specified topics:
- If the topic is not already in the list: --> Add ' + Topic' to the users line in WebNotify.
- If the topic is already in the list: --> Do nothing.
- User gets notified for whole web: --> Do nothing.
- User gets notified for whole web but exclude some topics:
- If the topic is excluded from notification: --> Remove ' - Topic' from the users line in WebNotify.
- If the topic is not excluded: --> Do nothing.
You have to log in to subscribe a topic to WebNotify
. Furthermore you need permission to read the web.topic you want to add to the notification list and to change WebNotify
. Subscribe Add-on will check the permissions to prevent unauthorized users to get onto the WebNotity
Add-On Installation Instructions
You do not need to install anything on the browser to use this add-on. The following instructions are for the administrator who installs the add-on on the server where TWiki is running.
- Download the ZIP file from the Add-on Home (see below)
SubscribeAddOn.zip in your twiki installation directory. Content:
| Add-on topic
| Add-on topic repository
| Add-on script
| Add-on perl package
| "Subscribe Topic" button definition
- Correct the permissions and ownership.
- Add the contents of
- Add the button to the toolbar in
templates/viewtoolbar.pattern.tmpl . Put the following at the end of the line defining the buttons:
- Remove notification lines except TWikiGuest from WebNotify to get a fresh start.
TWikiGuest is needed to know where to add a new notification line.
- Test if the installation was successful:
- Log in, go to some topic, click on the "Subscribe Topic" button.
- Go to the WebNotify topic and look for your WikiName and topic.
- If not successful set
$debug = 1 in
Subscribe.pm and read
data/debug.txt for hints what the problem is.
Related Topic: TWikiAddOns
- Set SHORTDESCRIPTION = Provides a "Subscribe Topic" button to add topic to WebNotify.
- 03 Sep 2006