Shared Contact DB Add-On
Simple contact database that can be shared by the team
This is a TWiki application using TWikiForms
Sample contact entry
The application homepage ContactDB contains a report showing the contacts and a form to add a new contact.
Each contact page has a comment box to add unstructured content (notes, etc) and a form that holds the structured content (name, job title, etc).
You can add/change the form fields. Follow this sequence.
- ContactForm - modify the form
- ContactTemplate - edit and save the template page (also if no changes are needed)
- ContactHeader - tweak the contact header if needed
- ContactDB - tweak the report header and SEARCH format as needed
- ContactsAsCSV - tweak the SEARCH format as needed
You do not need to install anything on the browser to use this add-on. The following instructions are for the administrator who installs the add-on on the server where TWiki is running.
- Download the ZIP file from the Add-on Home (see below)
ContactDbAddOn.zip in your twiki installation directory. Content:
| File: || Description: |
| Add-on documentation page |
| Contact database home page |
| Form definition for contact pages |
| Header for contact pages |
| Report topic, export to Excel in CSV format |
| Template for new contact pages |
| Create new contact page |
| Module with version info |
- You get a contact database residing in Sandbox.ContactDB
- Duplicate the application pages from the Sandbox web to your own team's web: ContactDB, ContactForm, ContactHeader, ContactsAsCSV, ContactTemplate and NewContact. You can copy them on the shell level or clone the pages using your browser.
- Note: If you are not an administrator you can unzip the package on your computer and create the application pages in your team's web based on the content of the files in
data/Sandbox/. For example, if your web is Marketing, create a page called ContactDB in the Marketing web with the content of the
data/Sandbox/ContactDB.txt file. Repeat for other pages. The
lib/TWiki/Contrib/ContactDbAddOn.pm files are not needed for a manual installation.
Related Topic: TWikiAddOns
- Set SHORTDESCRIPTION = Simple contact database that can be shared by the team