the Copy Cat Skin
...is not really a skin per se, rather it is (will be) a collection of partially built skins modelled after other popular sites on the net.
To kick things off, atached is a MovableType
- put the download archive in
- unzip, with directories (will put files in
templates/, pub/Plugins/CopyCatSkin/, data/Plugins/)
- edit TWikiPreferences, WebPreferences, or your personal page and set the variables
* #Set SKIN = cc-movabletype
* Set CCSTYLE = mt-georgia-blue
* Set TAGLINE = ...what this twiki site is all about...
To try out the different looks available, substitute georgia-blue
with any of the css files in
. The twiki template uses the same class and id names as the default Moveable Type template. You should be able to put any MT template into /pub/Plugins/CopyCatSkin, update the CCSTYLE variable, and it will just work. No edits necessary.
The included styles are verbatim from http://www.movabletype.org/default_styles.shtml
. Only some of the rules in the stylesheets are used so you could delete the unused stuff for efficiency's sake (and to make it easier to understand what the stylesheets say).
All of the stylesheets are loaded as "alternates" so you can cycle through all of them without having to edit the WebPreferences
topic every time. In Mozilla use View > Use Style
,and for Internet Explorer use the Choose style sheet
favelet at http://tantek.com/favelets/
. I don't know what the Opera equivalent is.
I built this skin as a proof of concept and probably won't spend much time on maintaining or extending it. Only the view template is defined. Anybody who wants to take it over is welcome to.
- 20,28 Apr 2003
- 2002-Apr-20 -- the beginning.
- 2003-Apr-28 -- added all styles as alternates, uploaded screen shots
- 2003-Oct-03 -- moved hardcoded TAGLINE from template to preferences
Related topics: TWikiSkins