Show a site visit counter in a TWiki topic
The CounterPlugin maintains the Visitor count. Right now it is in it's infant state shows the count in Text mode. Would be modified soon to show count in more graphical way.
- Edit the topic where you want to display the Visitor Count.
- Write the word
%COUNTER_PLUGIN% in this Topic.
- You should see Visitor Counter in the Topic.
* Counter: %COUNTER_PLUGIN%
Renders as follows:
- Counter: %COUNTER_PLUGIN%
CounterPlugin Global Settings
Plugin settings are stored as preferences variables. To reference a plugin setting write
- One line description, is shown in the TextFormattingRules topic:
- Set SHORTDESCRIPTION = Show a site visit counter in a TWiki topic
- Debug plugin: (See output in
Plugin Installation Instructions
You do not need to install anything on the browser to use this plugin. The following instructions are for the administrator who installs the plugin on the server where TWiki is running.
- Download the ZIP file from the Plugin web (see below)
CounterPlugin.zip in your twiki installation directory. Content:
| File: || Description: |
| Plugin topic |
| Plugin Perl module |
- Enable the CounterPlugin in configure.
- Test if the installation was successful: See example above.
Related Topics: TWikiPreferences