Obfuscates e-mail addresses by characters to their HTML character entity references
This plugin replaces characters in email address with their appropriate HTML entity references. This is intended to help prevent email harvesters from recognizing addresses.
Plugin settings are stored as preferences variables. To reference a plugin setting write
- Short description:
- Set SHORTDESCRIPTION = Obfuscates e-mail addresses by characters to their HTML character entity references
- Debug plugin: (See output in
- Range of characters to encode (NOTE: Setting a bad range here can result in your TWiki not displaying content, please ensure that a correct range is used and that the Plugin topic is locked to TWikiAdminGroup):
- Set ESCAPELIST = \000-\056\072-\100\133-\140\173-\177
- Restrict access: (remove the # to enable the access control)
Plugin Installation Instructions
You do not need to install anything on the browser to use this plugin. The following instructions are for the administrator who installs the plugin on the TWiki server.
- Ensure you have the HTML::Entities module installed from CPAN.
- Download the ZIP file from the Plugin web (see below)
EmailObfuscationPlugin.zip in your twiki installation directory. Content:
| File: || Description: |
| Plugin topic |
| Plugin Perl module |
- Configure the Plugin:
- Run the configure script to enable the plugin
- Change the plugin settings as needed. Enable the access control by removing the # from the Set ALLOWTOPICCHANGE
Related Topics: TWikiPlugins