Create a tar-ed copy of a whole Web for backup or offline reading
This Plugin can be used in a secure way to backup the contents of a web. It uses the TWiki rest api, so requires authorisation, and checks the
permissions on the latest revision of the topic before adding the topic, its
file and the attachments listed in each topic.
You do not need to install anything in the browser to use this extension. The following instructions are for the administrator who installs the extension on the server where TWiki is running.
Like many other TWiki extensions, this module is shipped with a fully
automatic installer script written using the BuildContrib.
- If you have TWiki 4.2 or later, you can install from the
configure interface (Go to Plugins->Find More Extensions)
- If you have any problems, then you can still install manually from the command-line:
- Download one of the
- Unpack the archive in the root directory of your TWiki installation.
- Run the installer script (
perl <module>_installer )
configure and enable the module, if it is a plugin.
- Repeat for any missing dependencies.
- If you are still having problems, then instead of running the installer script:
- Make sure that the file permissions allow the webserver user to access all files.
- Check in any installed files that have existing
,v files in your existing install (take care not to lock the files when you check in)
- Manually edit LocalSite.cfg to set any configuration variables.
Related Topics: TWikiPlugins
- Set SHORTDESCRIPTION = Create a tar-ed copy of a whole Web for backup or offline reading