This is the supplemental plugin for the GnuSkin
. It provides a small Perl engine for handling dynamic, user configurable, content. For more information see the GnuSkin
Plugin settings are stored as preference variables, meaning you can
put these settings in TWikiPreferences
your home topic. This provides great flexibility giving both users and
system administrators the option to modify behavior as they see fit.
- The syntax for Preferences variables is the same anywhere in TWiki. In Edit mode, from the start of a new line:
[6 spaces] * [space] Set [space] VARIABLENAME [space] = [value]
Preferences are used as TWikiVariables
by enclosing the name in percent signs.
To reference a plugin setting write
. Below are the settings which affect the behavior of the GnuSkin
- One line description, is shown in the TextFormattingRules topic:
- Set SHORTDESCRIPTION = Supplements the bare bones GnuSkin theme for TWiki
- Debug plugin: (See output in
- If there are other skins installed the SKINHANDLER setting must be defined. This is particulary true for sites using the TigerSkin as well.
- To select the GnuSkin to be used set the SKIN variable
- To switch between different style sheets, for better contrast with the WEBBGCOLOR setting, use this variable. Currently only 'green' and 'blue' colors are availble. If unset the GnuSkin defaults to the blue color.
- To select different colors for each web use the WEBBGCOLOR (See StandardColors), this setting is only applicable to the WebPreferences topic.
- An example logo, named
logo.png, is provided by the GnuSkin. To setup your own web-specific logo, attach a file named
logo.png to the topic, WebHome, WebPreferences, or set the WEBLOGO variable to use a logo with a different name. Any logo attached to the above pages have precedence over the WEBLOGO variable - in the above order.
Set WEBLOGO = %PUBURL%/%MAINWEB%/LogoTopic/my_project_logo.png
For non-graphical user agents the
attribute of the WEBLOGO is hard coded to be the ASCII representation of our favourite animal supplemented with the name of the currently displayed wiki web.
- Diffs, when selecting the "Diffs" operation the NUMREVISIONS variable on this page determines the maximum amount of revisions to show. Prefixed with GNUSKINPLUGIN_ you can use the same variable on your home topic as well. This defaults to 5 revisions if unset.
- In Edit mode the user can select to "Cancel" editing, "Preview" changes or "Save" any changes immediately. If the user chooses to save the checkboxes "Release edit lock" and "Minor changes, don't notify" can be checked. If you want these settings to be be checked from start you can set the following options in TWiki.TWikiPreferences or WebPreferences.
- Set RELEASEEDITLOCKCHECKBOX = checked
- Set DONTNOTIFYCHECKBOX = checked
- A configurable left hand menu bar - the contents can be set in an editable WebMenu topic - one for the TWiki06x00 web and optionally one for other webs. If there is no WebMenu topic in the current web the "Edit Menu" command edits the TWiki.WebMenu. See WebMenuFormat for details.
- March 2nd 2003