Convert an email address login into a WikiWord
Converts an email address into a WikiWord
. If you use email addresses as a login name, there are issues with @ and . characters. This plugin uses simple regular expressions to change an email address into well formatted alphanumerics.
If you want to allow TWikiRegistration
so that the long email login can be mapped to a shorter WikiName, change the setting in
to allow login name, and update the TWikiRegistration page to show %WIKIUSER% as the default value instead of %REMOTE_USER%.
Plugin Installation Instructions
You do not need to install anything in the browser to use this extension. The following instructions are for the administrator who installs the extension on the server where TWiki is running.
Like many other TWiki extensions, this module is shipped with a fully
automatic installer script written using the BuildContrib.
- If you have TWiki 4.2 or later, you can install from the
configure interface (Go to Plugins->Find More Extensions)
- If you have any problems, then you can still install manually from the command-line:
- Download one of the
- Unpack the archive in the root directory of your TWiki installation.
- Run the installer script (
perl <module>_installer )
configure and enable the module, if it is a plugin.
- Repeat for any missing dependencies.
- If you are still having problems, then instead of running the installer script:
- Make sure that the file permissions allow the webserver user to access all files.
- Check in any installed files that have existing
,v files in your existing install (take care not to lock the files when you check in)
- Manually edit LocalSite.cfg to set any configuration variables.
Related Topics: TWikiPlugins
- Set SHORTDESCRIPTION = Convert an email address login into a WikiWord