This plugin supports a simple tag which appears as a button with the label given by the
setting. When clicked, it is replaced by the text given in the
setting (this is typically the name of the logged in user and the current date).
Insert the tag %SIGNATURE% anywhere in the topic, as many times as you like. Each such tag will create a signature button.
The following parameters are supported for the %SIGNATURE% tag.
| The wiki name of a user or group or a list of users/groups. Only these users or members of these groups are allowed to sign here.
| The signature format for this particular signature. The syntax is the same as for the setting variable
Plugin settings are stored as preferences variables. To reference
a plugin setting write
- Format of the signature line. The variables
$wikiname, $username, and
$date can be used, indicating the WikiName of the logged in user prefixed with the user web, the WikiName of the logged in user, the login name of the logged in user, and the date of signing, respectively.
- Set SIGNATUREFORMAT = $wikiusername - $date
- Label of the signature button
- Set SIGNATURELABEL = Sign
- One line description, is shown in the TextFormattingRules topic:
- Set SHORTDESCRIPTION = Supports electronic signatures
- Debug plugin: (See output in
Plugin Installation Instructions
- This plugin works only with TWiki 4 and beyond.
- Download the ZIP file from the Plugin web (see below)
SignaturePlugin.zip in your twiki installation directory. Content:
| Plugin topic
| Plugin Perl module
| Support script
| Rename to
templates/oopsgeneric.tmpl if you are using a TWiki 4.0 installation
| Rename to
templates/oopsgeneric.pattern.tmpl if you are using a TWiki 4.0 installation
- Ensure that the script
lib/bin/digisign is executable and authorized as desired.
- If installed correctly you should see a button with the label indicated by the setting below.
Related Topics: TWikiPlugins
- 19 Nov 2006