This is a DistributionDocument. Please help maintain high quality documentation:
This is a wiki, please fix the documentation
if you find errors or incomplete content. Put questions and suggestions concerning the documentation
of this topic in the comments section below
. Use the Support
web for problems you are having using
How can I create a simple TWiki Forms
TWiki applications help automate workflows you have at the workplace. TWiki has a built-in database that can be used to write custom web applications. These are wiki applications that run in TWiki.
A typical TWiki forms based application consists of the following pages:
- Application home page, typically containing links to other application pages. It may contain also a report showing data records.
- Form definition page, defining the fields of a record. Details in TWikiForms.
- Template page, used as a template for new data records. It is essentially a TWiki page with a form attached to it. Details in TWikiTemplates.
- Header page: Optional page included in each record page to summarize the record.
- Page with an HTML form to create new records.
- Report page(s). Details in VarSEARCH and FormattedSearch.
TWiki.org has a blog post on How to Create a TWiki Application
where you can learn the details.
Back to: TWikiFAQ
Related Topics: UserDocumentationCategory
-- Contributors: TWiki:Main.MiyokoTakushima
Comments & Questions about this Distribution Document Topic
I want to pass some entries from the HTML form into the fields in the TWiki form in the newly created topic. Using URLPARAM (in the template) I can place information into the body of the topic, but when I place URLPARAM statements into the data fields of the form in the template they are not expanded. Any ideas...? Thanks,
- 30 Oct 2006
Chris - you don't have to put urlparam statements in the form data fields. All you have to do is set the name attributes to your html form elements to exactly match the TWiki form field names you want to populate.
- 30 Oct 2006
I want to be able to create a form that is a concatenation of two topics. Is that possible ? How do I do that ? thanks,
Please ask support questions in the Support