TWiki.org Privacy Statement
On 27 Oct 2008
, Peter Thoeny, the project founder and CTO of Twiki Inc, assumed responsibility for managing the TWiki.org project site. Personal information you provide to TWiki.org may be shared with Twiki Inc to support ongoing business and communication processes. If you do not wish to be contacted by Twiki Inc, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
. Should you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose and Scope
This policy discloses what information we gather about you when you visit TWiki.org. It describes how we use your information and how you can control it.
Whatever individually identifiable information we may have about you, you may at any time ask us to stop using it (see Choice / Opt out section below).
Certain members of the TWiki community (contributors, users, etc.) choose to interact with TWiki.org in ways that cause others to know more about them. The amount and type of information that TWiki.org gathers from those members depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, members who wish to post content to certain portions of TWiki's Web sites or participate in live chat session(s) are asked to provide usernames that identify that content as having been posted by a particular member. Developers, by comparison, are asked to provide contact information, up to and sometimes including telephone or fax numbers, so that they can be contacted as necessary. In each case, TWiki.org collects personally-identifying information only insofar as is necessary to fulfill the purpose of the community member's interaction with TWiki project.
TWiki.org is an open organization that believes in sharing as much information as possible about the project, its products, its operations and its associations. Accordingly, community members should assume - as should most folks who interact with TWiki - that any personally-identifying information provided to TWiki will be made available to the public. There are three broad exceptions to that rule:
- TWiki.org does not make publicly available information that is used to authenticate users the publication of which would compromise the security of the TWiki.org web sites (e.g., passwords).
- TWiki.org does not make publicly available information that it specifically promises at the time of collection to maintain in confidence.
Outside those two contexts, visitors should assume that personally-identifying information provided through the TWiki.org web sites will be made available to the public.
Information TWiki.org Gathers and Tracks
TWiki.org may collect and use two kinds of information about our web users:
- data that users volunteer to provide by
- subscribing to the TWiki.org mailing lists
- registering at the TWiki.org site as a community member
- registering for webinars and meet-ups or other events that TWiki.org hosts (e.g. User Conference)
- voluntary registering in conjunction with a download
- entering contests
- completing surveys
- downloading TWiki software products
- registering as a partner
- reporting support incidents
- aggregated tracking data we collect when users interact with us.
Specific Purposes to Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to send you information, contact you, fulfill orders, and for other uses described below as the case may be. The specific use of your personal information varies, depending on how you contact us. For instance:
- When you subscribe to the public TWiki mailing lists to receive TWiki news and product information, you must provide your correct email address. Please note that TWiki.org mailing lists were archived by several third party sites and your email address can be found from their archives. TWiki.org doesn't operate or have control over those archives.
- When you enter a contest or survey, we may ask for your name, address, and email address so we can administer the contest and notify winners. You may also decide to enter a contest or survey in an anonymous mode without our ability to identify you as a winner.
- In general, we use your contact information from the entry form to send you information about our company and its products, or to contact you when it becomes necessary (notices like security updates, patches, etc.).
Aggregated Tracking Information
We analyze visitors' use of our sites by tracking information such as page views, traffic flow, search terms, and click through.
Our website also automatically captures IP addresses of our visitors. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Web site, analyze trends and behavior patterns, track user movement, gather demographic information for aggregate use and help ensure the security of your interaction with the website.
We use this tracking information to improve our sites, to make customized information and offers available to our users (e.g. advertisements) and to understand purchasing habits of our customers. We also share this anonymous traffic and demographic information in aggregate form with advertisers and other business partners. We do not share any information with advertisers that can identify an individual user.
Disclaimer for Links
This Web site contains links to other sites. TWiki.org is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other sites even if TWiki.org doesn't expressly disclaim the liability for a linked site. You may determine whether or not TWiki.org is responsible for the content of the site by reviewing the URL and confirming the ownership of the applicable domain by means of a service such as whois.com
Our Web site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. All the data regarding users, their computers' system information and benchmark results are stored on one or more servers in the EU and the United States of America. The servers are located in a locked or guarded space at our own or an entrusted third party facility and are generally only accessible by personnel authorized by TWiki.org. In order to maintain our servers, third parties may have access to them.
Notification of Changes
If we decide to use personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify users via email. Users will be able to opt out of or, if legally required in the country concerned, to opt in to any new use of their personal information.
Choice/Opt Out Procedure
Our Web site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and from our partners at the point where we request information about the user.
This site also gives users the following options for removing their information from our database so that they no longer receive future communications or access to our other services:
- You can send email to email@example.com, stating your request.
- You can reply to any unwanted communications that you receive, stating your request or unsubscribe.
Reviewing personal data
You can review and validate the information, that we have collected about you by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and requesting a review of your personal data. You may be asked to present documentation that identifies you as the person whose data is concerned.
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions or comments about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web Site, we welcome you to contact email@example.com
Last modified: 2011-12-08