Adding, renaming and deleting webs are manual operations done directly on the server
Managing TWiki webs requires direct access to the installation files on the host server. There are currently no browser-based equivalents of the Rename/move/delete topic tools for working with webs.
Adding a New Web
Adding new webs is quick and easy - you can have a basic web up and running in a couple of minutes:
- Create a new directory under
- the name has to start with a capital and cannot be a WikiWord
- Copy in the contents of
For detailed instructions, see TWiki Installation Guide: Adding a New Web
Renaming or Deleting a Web
If you plan to rename the TWiki.Main web, remember that TWiki stores user and group topics in
, default named
. That means, every WikiName
- points to it and would need updating (unless the variable,
, is used throughout).
- Prepare your site: Search each web for links to the target web, searching topic text for
Oldwebname., including the dot so you'll find references like
- Make changes as required, to
Newwebname.SomeTopic or better yet, to
- Edit the TWikiPreferences topic: Rename or delete the web from the
- Edit the TWikiWebsTable topic: Rename or delete the web from the table.
- Login to the TWiki server, via Telnet or FTP.
- Go to
twiki/data and rename or remove the web directory.
- Go to
twiki/templates and rename or remove the web directory if present.
- Go to
twiki/pub and rename or remove the web directory if present.
- 14 Sep 2001