- Name: Andy Glew
- Company Name: Intel
- Company URL:
- Country: USA
- City: Hillsboro, OR
- Hear From: WayneScott
- Have used wikis since 1996, starting with Ward's original wiki.
- Have used TWiki since, oh, 1997 or 1998(?)
- Have evangelized - used, installed, promoted - wikis, mainly TWiki, but also MoinMoin, ZWiki, UseModWiki - at the University of Wisconsin, Intel, AMD, Intel ...
- I remain a wiki fan, although seniors at two different companies and one university have told me that I have been wasting my time. So far, about 25% of the projects or groups I have evangelized wiki (usually TWiki) to have picked up on it; in the others, wiki usage peetered out after the prime mover (me, or WayneScott) moved away.
- Latest (2006): I'm back at Intel, and I am hopeful that wikis have finally reached critical mass
- Intel IT has just started wiki and blog sites
- TWiki now semi-officially supported by Engineering Computing Support
- Others, and myself, revived Wayne Scott's original twiki at Intel, then proceeded to create our own installations
- Upwards of a dozen wikis at Intel, that I know about.
- SharePoint's problems are widely recognized
for a list of topics that I have contributed to.
Personal Preferences (details in TWikiVariables)
- Horizontal size of text edit box:
- Vertical size of text edit box:
- Style of text edit box.
width: 99% for full window width (default),
width: auto to disable.
- Set EDITBOXSTYLE = width: 99%
- Optionally write protect your home page: (set it to your WikiName)