has implemented a checkpoint save feature (as an add-on).
This feature is implemented with SavemultiCgiScript, a part of KoalaSkin which can be used without the needing the whole skin.
The edit screen replaces the preview mode when using edit templates bypassing preview, in a more user-friendly way since another can follow what you are writing.
There are 5 buttons in edit mode, here is the help:
- Save: Save topic and return to normal view
- QuietSave: Save but will not trigger email notifaction to people monitoring the page (checks the "Minor changes" checkbox)
- Checkpoint: Save, and re-edit immediately
- Preview: Do not save yet, but show what the topic would look if saved
- Cancel: Discard changes and return to view mode, release lock
Preview mode page has the same buttons, except that Preview
is replaced by Back
to get back in edit mode. Thus once you clicked on Preview, re-clicking without moving the mouse brings you back to edit, a great usability feature!
<input type="button" name="backbutton" value=" Back " onClick="history.go(-1)" />