Tags:
create new tag
, view all tags

Minutes of Edinburgh Release Meeting, 01 May 2006

Logistics, Participants, IRC log

Agenda

  • Review Previous Action Items
  • TWiki 4.0.3 release timing
  • Single branch Plugin development
  • Move pre-Dakar plugins/skins/etc. to a Cairo branch

1. Review Previous Action Items

  • develop.twiki.org server move
    • Add linked fastserver.net logo to develop.twiki.org home and bugs webhome (Sven)
      • DONE Logos added
    • Fix the SVN mailer so the from address is correct (Sven)
      • REFACTOR Nice-to-have: WikiName as e-mail adress human readable part
    • Password sync with (who and how?). Current manual process makes it difficult for new users not yet registered on TWiki.org or newly registered to report bugs. (First ask Sven for proposal).
      • REFACTOR No update on status at meeting
    • Document server setup for admins (Peter has asked Sven)
      • REFACTOR No update on status at meeting
    • Add Peter to admin (Peter has asked Sven)
      • REFACTOR No update on status at meeting

  • TWiki 4.0.2 follow up
    • Upload patch to the download page (Will)
    • We need a patch from 4.0.1 to 4.0.2 uploaded (Will should do - Kenneth and Lynnwood informs Will)
      • REFACTOR Still in need of a technical solution for part of problem; discussion in TWiki-Dev.

  • TWiki 4.0.3
    • Add the 6-8 Bugs:ReleaseBlocker bugs (Action - all)
    • UpgradeTWiki script (need actionee - none found - )
      • Consensus that it is important for upgraders.
      • Noone coders came forward to volunteer the task.
      • REFACTOR First roundtrip done by Crawford in e-mail conversation with Peter, output e-mail unfortunately lost
    • Release date not set. Wishes were from ASAP which is a week from now to on month from now. So maybe a May 9th release date can be a tentative date to think about.
      • DONE Tentative date set for May 9th.
      • REFACTOR Check for cosmetic patches to configuration files, revert or exclude them from zip. (Lower upgrade burden for admins).

  • CSS issue discussed. Arthur has done some fixes but we are not sure the problem is fixed. No actions
    • REFACTOR No actions, still pending

  • Moving twiki.org to TWiki 4
    • Need help on
      • server config for e-mail
        • REFACTOR Dialogue with ISP going on, still some Solaris quirks left
      • perl lib installs
        • DONE Installed by Sven
      • doc update of twiki web topics (Kenneth, Lynnwood, Arthur will help)
        • REFACTOR 50% done
      • discuss and decide on security setup (Kenneth updates proposal to use Apache auth)
        • DONE Proposal updated.
    • Conversion of user topics. Start with the upgrade_emails.pl script. Then see what can be scripted after that.
      • Peter to provide Crawford with zip of all user topics to try and script more email addresses correctly
      • REFACTOR (See above)

2. TWiki 4.0.3 Release Timing

  • Desired outcome: Decide on release date & find owners

  • DONE Tentative date set for May 9th.
    • Risks: CDot is busy outside TWiki this week, Arthur is not fully moved yet

3. Single Branch Plugin Development

  • Desired outcome: Find solution that works for most people

  • Review SingleBranchPluginDevelopment
  • Discuss options on single branch
    • See IRC log for short discussion.
    • Plan first, then take action
    • REFACTOR Item tabled to next meeting, discuss in Codev until then

4. Move non-Dakar items into a separate branch

  • Desired outcome: Extend the one version/one branch backwards to Cairo, allowing removal of unsupported pre-Dakar skins, plugins, and other items.

  • Discuss desirability of moving non-Dakar items into a separate branch
  • REFACTOR Can perhaps be solved by instructing SVN to exclude directories?
  • Complicated by the fact that TWiki4 branch is used to feed Cairo plugins and extensions - branch issue again

5. Tinderbox

  • Desired outcome: An opinion on whether there (with a new server in place) are any chance that tinderbox can now be resurrected?

  • Peter will ask fastmetrics for another box + hosting
  • Steffen talks to Will for possibility of setting something up until new hardware is available
  • REFACTOR It is assumed that SVN service at upgraded develop box will be able to handle the load

New Action Items

  • Steffen
    • DONE Send e-mail to TWiki translators

  • All:
    • Check patches and fixes and consider cosmetic-only changes to configuration topics once again
    • DONE See upgrade_evaluation.txt with evalutation done by KennethLavrsen and posted on TWiki-dev mailing list May 3rd
      • ALERT! Bugs:Item2207 needs fixing and preferred fix would not alter WebLeftBars if it can be avoided.

IRC Log

Back to: EdinburghRelease

Comments / Feedback

Topic attachments
I Attachment History Action Size Date Who Comment
Texttxt EdinburghMinutes2006x05x01.txt r1 manage 44.1 K 2006-05-01 - 23:54 LynnwoodBrown irc log of meeting
Texttxt upgrade_evaluation.txt r1 manage 6.5 K 2006-05-04 - 01:03 KennethLavrsen Current status and evaluation of how annoying upgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0.3 will be to the admin.
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r10 < r9 < r8 < r7 < r6 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r10 - 2006-05-04 - KennethLavrsen
 
  • Learn about TWiki  
  • Download TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl Hosted by OICcam.com Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback. Ask community in the support forum.
Copyright © 1999-2017 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.