Tags:
create new tag
, view all tags

Minutes of Edinburgh Release Meeting, 08 May 2006

Logistics, Participants, IRC log

Agenda

  • Review Previous Action Items
  • TWiki 4.0.3 release
  • Multi-release Plugin policy
  • Single branch Plugin development
  • TWiki application packaging

1. Review Previous Action Items (15 minutes)

  • develop.twiki.org server move (0 minutes)
    • Fix the SVN mailer so the from address is correct (Sven)
      • REFACTOR Nice-to-have: WikiName as e-mail adress human readable part
    • Password sync with (who and how?). Current manual process makes it difficult for new users not yet registered on TWiki.org or newly registered to report bugs. (First ask Sven for proposal).
      • REFACTOR No update on status at meeting
    • Document server setup for admins (Peter has asked Sven)
      • REFACTOR No update on status at meeting

  • TWiki 4.0.3 (5 minutes)
    • REFACTOR Check for cosmetic patches to configuration files, revert or exclude them from zip. (Lower upgrade burden for admins).
      • DONE List is done, looks good

  • Moving twiki.org to TWiki 4 (5 minutes)
    • Need help on
      • server config for e-mail
        • Solaris not really the ISPs major field
        • REFACTOR Peter will ask Sven for help again

      • doc update of twiki web topics (Kenneth, Lynnwood, Arthur will help)
        • Test install is using TWiki04 web at the moment. When TWiki web is ready it can be switched
        • Not a showstopper

  • Tinderbox: (5 minutes)
    • Peter will ask fastmetrics for another box + hosting
      • REFACTOR Peter asks "big corporation" (!?) instead
    • Steffen talks to Will for possibility of setting something up until new hardware is available
      • REFACTOR Will has started work on it, more status next week

2. TWiki 4.0.3 Release (10 minutes)

  • Desired outcome: Clarify remaining issue, confirm release date

  • REFACTOR Build 4.0.3pre1 now. (Purpose: Check generated HTML docs, ,v files, try to eliminate the embarrasing minor stuff that has hit us a few times lately .. as many developers as possible should test run this)

  • Tentative date set for 16 May 2006 (shifted one week)

3. Single Branch Plugin Development (45 minutes)

  • Desired outcome: Find solution that works for most people

4. Plugin API policy (10 minutes)

  • Desired outcome: Ensure it is in synch with the results of item 3 (if resolved)
  • Desired outcome: Refine multi-branch support with an eye towards reliability

  • Review the part of PluginsApiPolicies that addresses how plugin authors can best support more than one release while ensuring reliability.

5. TWiki Application Packaging (10 minutes)

  • Desired outcome: Compile requirements and needs

New Action Items

  • All: Run build

IRC Log

Back to: EdinburghRelease

Comments / Feedback

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r6 < r5 < r4 < r3 < r2 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r6 - 2006-05-09 - SamHasler
 
  • Learn about TWiki  
  • Download TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl Hosted by OICcam.com Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback. Ask community in the support forum.
Copyright © 1999-2017 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.