Tags:
create new tag
, view all tags

Minutes of Edinburgh Release Meeting, 15 May 2006

Logistics, Participants, IRC log

Agenda

  • Review Previous Action Items
  • TWiki 4.0.3 release
  • Single branch Plugin development
  • TWiki.org backup documentation

1. Review Previous Action Items

  • Moving twiki.org to TWiki 4
    • Need help on
      • server config for e-mail
        • Solaris not really the ISPs major field

  • Tinderbox:
    • Steffen talks to Will for possibility of setting something up until new hardware is available Steffen not present at meeting
      • REFACTOR Will has started work on it, more status next week - no news

2. TWiki 4.0.3 Release

  • Desired outcome: Clarify remaining issue, confirm release date

  • Tentative date set for 16 May 2006
    • Will be a little later since Will is on business trip. So as soon as he can make it
    • Peter will take the a.i. for updating TWikiReleaseNotes04x00x00.txt with 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 sections
    • Joomla stuff from configure needs to be removed before release (Sven added it)
    • There will be a 2 day test period of pre-release.

3. Single Branch Plugin Development

  • Desired outcome: Find solution that works for most people

  • Review Rafael's refined proposal in SingleBranchPluginDevelopment
    • Most find the proposal a fine proposal.
    • Crawford reminds that it requires a bit of code rewriting. And he will write the steps needed here on Codev.
    • The team tested the understanding of Raf's proposal and the solution is still supported by all.
    • Raf's proposal will have to be turned into process doc to become more clear.
    • Peter want the process to encourage minimum diversion of plugins in Develop. Kenneth proposes that the if the pseudo-install is extended so you can RUN develop from svn checkout with plugins from a Main svn checkout there is no need to copy plugins to develop to make them work and therefore no encouragement to divert unless really needed.

4. TWiki.org backup documentation / Codev refactoring /FAQ

  • THIS IS URGENT! e.g. current total confusion of multiple windows/mod perl install topics
  • DocumentationFocusGroup - has not yet met because of other commitments and priorities.
    • No estimate given on when they may be able to meet. Obviously no way to estimate how long their discussions will take so that reorganisation can take place until they do so.
  • ProposedInterimDocGuidelines for contributing end user / admin documents
  • Questions and concerns regarding guidelines for official documentation and entry topics such as ReadmeFirst regarding proposals, opinions, and other "unofficial" content remain:
    • Concerns about people not knowing how to differentiate official policies, guidelines, proposals, and opinions.
    • Concerns that links to Codev discussions may be intimidating to some. Feedback from the real world is very important, however, and so these conflicting needs should be carefully weighed in how Codev discussions is written about in oher areas.
    • Clearly indicating what is a ongoing discussion can help avoid confusion.

Action Items

  • Peter, Sven: Make outgoing e-mail work on twiki.org server
  • Kenneth: Send sendmail configs to Peter
  • Peter: Ask "big corporation" for another box + hosting (for Tinderbox)
  • Peter: Update TWikiReleaseNotes04x00x00.txt with 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 sections
  • ???: Remove Joomla stuff from configure before 4.0.3 release (Sven added it)
  • All: Help on updating end user / admin docs (as/link to supplemental docs)

IRC Log

Back to: EdinburghRelease

Comments / Feedback

Topic attachments
I Attachment History Action Size Date Who Comment
Texttxt EdinburghMinutes2006x05x15.txt r1 manage 46.9 K 2006-05-16 - 16:47 PeterThoeny Edinburgh minutes 2006-05-15
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r8 < r7 < r6 < r5 < r4 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r8 - 2006-05-16 - MeredithLesly
 
  • Learn about TWiki  
  • Download TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl Hosted by OICcam.com Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback. Ask community in the support forum.
Copyright © 1999-2017 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.