Tags:
create new tag
, view all tags

Minutes of Freetown Release Meeting, 2007-07-02

TOC and Agenda

Logistics, Participants, IRC log

1. Action Item Review

  • All need to follow up on bugs waiting for feedback
  • All have to focus on resolving bugs and writing unit tests. Forget the enhancements. We are on feature freeze.

2. Review Urgent Bugs

Status: There is a clear lack of testing activity, evidenced by the relatively small number of new bug reports, and the fact that most new reports have been against issues in 4.1.2, already fixed in 4.2. Tests now run on Windows, but no updated feedback for test runs on 5.6.1 for some time. There are 3 open urgent bugs against the core code, all against I18N.

  • Desired outcome: Find owners to fix urgent bugs

We went through all open urgent bugs.

Many are waiting for feedback.

3. Coordinate TWiki Release 4.2

  • Desired outcome: Decide on tentative dates for string freeze and other dates; identify and assign action items

  • Feature freeze (last day to checkin new features): Monday 28 May 2007.
    • Still in effect
  • Beta release: Best guess is now 23 July 2007 for first beta * I'm now mostly in feedback, optimisation and Documentation mode - most of the desired use cases on AddTWikiAdminUser will be defered - SD
    • Item4173 is a problem, I'm waiting for feedback from Peter, but I need Peter to do it using r 14099, not the current HEAD, as the code has moved on now in other ways, and so is not comparible. once i know more about Peter's testing, i'll be able to apply it to the current codebase. - SD
    • Number of bugs has been falling steadily, but lack of feedback has left several "in limbo". CC
  • Earliest release date (can be delayed if too many bugs are open or tests fail):
    • Probably in August now

Action Items

  • Fix bugs, make unit tests, stay away from enhancements. And test test test.

IRC Log

Back to: FreetownRelease

Comments / Feedback

Topic attachments
I Attachment History Action Size Date Who Comment
Texttxt FreetownMinutes2007x07x02.txt r1 manage 38.9 K 2007-07-02 - 22:40 KennethLavrsen Full log from meeting
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r8 < r7 < r6 < r5 < r4 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r8 - 2007-07-02 - KennethLavrsen
 
  • Learn about TWiki  
  • Download TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl Hosted by OICcam.com Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback. Ask community in the support forum.
Copyright © 1999-2017 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.