Tags:
create new tag
, view all tags

Minutes of Edinburgh Release Meeting, 18 Jul 2006

TOC and Agenda

Logistics, Participants, IRC log

1. Review Previous Action Items

  • Kenneth to schedule a meeting in doc group.
    • Has happened: TWikiOrgDocWork2006
    • Sven suggested to also eventually remove old topics from twiki.org.
  • ALL: Give Harald more feedback on Codev topic concerning VarXXX topics: OrganizeTWikiVariables
    • Harald requested time to think more about how to implement this in a maintainable way.
  • Crawford: draft release manager role in codev, with responsibilities and criteria for decisions - DONE TWikiReleaseManagerRole
    • Discussed in item 3
  • Arthur: Create an improved download page with better balance between main download and Release complements. May choose to do a test download page with 10 imaginary hotfixes.
    • The hotfix implementation on the download page does the job.
  • Visibility of hotfixes for our releases
    • See above

2. Performance

  • How to find a way to reward people for working on performance, even when they fail - most people that have worked on it don't feel like doing so in a hurry
    • See action items (Profiling)

3. TWiki 4.1 release process & proposed items

Action Items

  • Doc Team: Discuss if we also want to reduce content as proposed by Sven and supported by many in community
  • All: Add to "Wishlist" BenchmarkFramework - requirements and wishes
  • Who? Implement profiling framework for TWiki - discuss at next meeting
  • Meredith: Create TWikiFn branch of TWiki4 with no other changes.
  • Kenneth: Benchmark the above with TWiki4 without TWikiFn.
  • All: Try Configure script in DEVELOP and provide feedback for Crawford.

IRC Log

Back to: EdinburghRelease

Comments / Feedback

  • 7. I am with Kenneth completely. The performance on my project has ranged from barely tolerable to abysmal. That's why I put this first. We've got to figure out how to improve the performance a lot. A machine dedicated to this purpose would be very useful.
  • 2. I will put together a scratch branch with nothing but the TWikiFn stuff. I would have done so by now had I not been having serious computer problems.
  • 1. Yes, I probably need help. It's a pretty triv change, however.
  • 4. Not a big issue, but let me think about it some more.

-- MeredithLesly - 18 Jul 2006

There has been a branch with no changes but the TWikiFns for at least a week now. I'm surprised that no one raised that in the meeting. My previous comments, of course, are copied from the previous week's meeting and are therefore out of date.

-- MeredithLesly - 08 Aug 2006

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r10 < r9 < r8 < r7 < r6 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r10 - 2006-08-08 - MeredithLesly
 
  • Learn about TWiki  
  • Download TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl Hosted by OICcam.com Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback. Ask community in the support forum.
Copyright © 1999-2017 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.