Tags:
create new tag
, view all tags

Minutes of Georgetown Release Meeting, 2008-02-04

TOC and Agenda

Logistics, Participants, IRC log

1. Decision on Guidelines Sponsor Presence on TWiki.org

  • This proposal on GuideLinesSponsorPresenceOnTWikiDotOrg was raised the day before last release meeting and the decision was to defer the decision to next release meeting. There has however been a debate on how we make decision which I (Kenneth Lavrsen) think needs more time to "bubble" on Codev. I therefore propose that we do NOT decide anything related to this or other Guidelines that have been raised.

2. Review Urgent Bugs with 4.2.1 scope

Need to discuss items only

  • TWikibug:Item5307 - Plugins with beforeAttachmentSaveHandler breaks file attachments with TWiki 4.2.0
    • This bug has been reported by two people. Both with recent debian. Reverting a change done in SVN 14070. The code in question seems to have been piggy bagged in as part of a larger code change that had nothing to do with the lines of code that breaks uploading attachments. Reverting to the old code that worked seems the obvious thing to do but please look an extra time before we do the reverting. If we revert it is only a small part of 14070 that will be reverted.
    • Crawford looks at it
  • TWikibug:Item5311 - deep recursion in getEmails()
    • Michael to decide if merged to T42.
    • Fix checked into MAIN. Waiting for Michael to merge to TWikiRelease04x02 branch
  • TWikibug:Item5176 - is added twice in TOC links on Windows
    • New bug. Reported by two different people.
    • Colas will look
  • TWikibug:Item4946 - urlDecode() not working for characters represented by Unicode code points
    • The latest patch has been reported to not fix the issue. This bug item is still waiting for someone having a non-latin environment and a little programming skills to take ownership.
  • TWikibug:Item5288 - META tag doesn't call expandStandardEscapes() and crashes on MAIN
    • Kenneth cannot make the crash happen on T42 branch. Need someone to analyse the bug more. It is crashing in MAIN so reproduction is not the problem.
  • TWikibug:Item5283 - EditTablePlugin dollar percent expansion does not work correctly
    • The change that was done makes many TWiki applications break when you combine the use of EditTablePlugin and SpreadSheetPlugin which is very common and very natural. This change must be replaced by a better alternative.
  • TWikibug:Item5118 - Difference from 4.1.2 - 4.2: Apache loginname no longer works with access control lists
    • This simply needs to get fixed.
  • TWikibug:Item5135 - EditTablePlugin must disable initsort when editing table TABLE tag to work with new move row feature
    • This simply needs to get fixed.
  • Preview and Wysiwyg - do we try and get it back for 4.2.1?
    • The majority seems to think that preview is a feature we can live without. So this is the working assumption for now unless someone screams.

3. Feature requests for Georgetown Release

  • Desired outcome: Start working on the backlog of proposals. We will take a few at a time.

4. Next meeting

Kenneth Lavrsen propose that next release meeting slot is cancelled since we will have some online meeting in connection with the TWikiCommunitySummit2008Q1 so I think we will have had our share of meetings.

kenneth proposes next release meeting is GeorgetownReleaseMeeting2008x03x03.

  • Accepted that next meeting is 03 Mar 2008.

Action Items

IRC Log

Back to: GeorgetownRelease

Comments / Feedback

Topic attachments
I Attachment History Action Size Date Who Comment
Texttxt GeorgetownMinutes2008x02x04.txt r1 manage 44.4 K 2008-02-04 - 23:29 KennethLavrsen Meeting log
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r7 < r6 < r5 < r4 < r3 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r7 - 2008-02-05 - SvenDowideit
 
  • Learn about TWiki  
  • Download TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl Hosted by OICcam.com Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback. Ask community in the support forum.
Copyright © 1999-2017 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.