TWiki Set-up for EMWD webhost
This is the TWiki 4.2 release set-up information for the EMWD
web host (see also TWikiOnWebHostingSites
Copy Files to Webserver
- Download and unzip the twiki distro on your local machine
- Copy that distro to your webserver (I copied it into my subdomain of wiki which made the path
Set File Permissions
- Chmod all scripts in your
\bin\ directory to
Set .htaccess files
- In your root installation, follow the instructions for the
\bin\.htaccess.txt to secure your site.
- Make sure you include "SetHandler cgi-script" within the .htaccess file in the bin directory. This will allow these scripts to run under Perl without having the .cgi or .pl file extension.
- In your
bin directory of your twiki distro make the following changes
$twikiLibPath = "/your/path" --> Emwd should have e-mailed you the system path to your files. If the system path of your files is
/home/shinucom/www and you copied your stuff to a
wiki subdomain (which creates a directory of wiki in the root), then specify
- Make a copy of /lib/LocalSite.cfg.txt to LocalSite.cfg. Make sure you have write permissions to it
Hopefully now your configure works so go to
. Go to
general path settings
- DefaultUrlHost --> should be www.yourdomain.com
- ScriptUrlPath --> /bin
- PubUrlPath --> /pub
- PubDir/TemplateDir/DataDir --> specify the absolute path that emwd e-mailed you. So if the system path to your files is
/home/blahcom/www specify it from that directory
The above paths should be automatically filled in by the configure script.
Create Redirect Script
To have twiki go directly to your site create an index.html that looks like
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
<meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0;url=bin/view.cgi">
Go to the configure script, then enable the authentication of your choice. For emwd though only
worked for me.
Go to TWikiAdminGroup
and set up the administration prviledges there
-- Contributors: DanielQuach
- 15 Sep 2006
Thanks for writing this - worth checking your links since at least some of them were the wrong way round (http link should be first, then the description). Also, note that TWiki has a capital 'W', so some links need fixing for that reason.
Unfortunate that EMWD has a Flash-only navigation scheme that makes a noise on each new page, which stopped me exploring their site...
- 17 Sep 2006
Thanks for the feedback Richard. We have removed the flash header from the majority of our pages and will be doing so for the rest.
- 15 Oct 2006
Just want to make an update regarding our TWiki hosting service. We now provide a free installation of the latest version of TWiki for anyone signing up for our TWiki hosting account.
- 09 Mar 2007