Install TWiki on Different Platforms
TWiki is an enterprise Wiki that is quite portable to most systems that run Perl and have some key Unix tools (see TWikiSystemRequirements
However, there can still be interesting installation issues, and it's useful to have somewhere to collect hints and tips - so just add a link here to a page on any new platform on which you install TWiki. Such pages can also be used to discuss packaging TWiki for easier installation on specific platforms.
Some of these pages use packaged versions of TWiki - however, they may not always be up to date with TWikiProductionReleases
and in particular TWikiSecurity
updates. So check those pages to be aware of any post-install patching or upgrades.
for details of pre-packaged distributions and installers for different platforms.
Existing platforms (feel free to add your platform with tips on how to install)
- TWiki on webservers other than Apache:
- TWikiOnVMS - Uses Apache and mod_perl on VMS - some patching required.
- Web hosting on Unix and Linux:
- TWikiOnMacOSX - current version of MacOS
- Use the TWiki VM, a VMware based TWiki installed on a Linux virtual image. This requires VMware Fusion for Mac.
- TWiki on Windows - up to date and mainstream installation methods including for USB memory sticks - try these first!
- Other Portable TWiki setups - installing TWiki on a USB memory stick (mostly on Windows)
- Older or niche Windows installation methods
Less commonly used platforms, where TWiki most likely does not work (yet):
-- Contributors: BenWatts