Known Issues of TWiki Production Release 01 Sep 2001
These are known issues of the TWiki 01 Sep 2001 production release.
- Security Alert: Secure webserver to prevent script execution of uploaded files (CVE-2006-3336)
- Security Alert: TWiki INCLUDE function allows DoS attack on itself
- Security Alert: TWiki history function allows arbitrary shell command execution
- Security Alert: TWiki search function allows arbitrary shell command execution
Major Browser Issues
- BackFromPreviewLosesText: IE5 and IE6 only - novice users in particular may lose edits in some situations, due to an IE5 caching problem
- RefreshEditPage: various browsers including Opera and IE5 - the second Edit in a session may use out-of-date text, losing the first set of edits without any warning
- 15 Sep 2001
I guess I'm getting carried away here. I don't want to list every bug or support question in the release, because I think that would be misleading. On the other hand, I think it's fair for people to know what to expect when they install or upgrade to this release. Maybe I should (after I learn how) make a general reference to the appropriate category (field) of bugs.
- 21 Sep 2001
It would be useful to link to this from Support.WebHome
, as with other releases.
- 23 Sep 2001
I've taken the liberty to do so.....
- 24 Sep 2001
Maybe in Support and Codev we should add a new category value something like "Support.NewIssueWith20010901Release
" (maybe it's already there -- I'll have to look). Maybe it should even be a new formfield so that bugs can be classified with all the old classifications, and in addition, possibly be marked as an issue "new with 20010901". Then we could have a page that automatically displays all the topics under that classification.
- 29 Sep 2001
Given that we have major issues, would it be prudent to release a new version?. 1st October is not very far away....
- 30 Sep 2001
We plan now to have a 01 Nov 2001 release. This will include mainly bug fixes and improved documentation. Some minor feature enhancements might go into this release as well. The 01 Nov 2001 release might be released earlier, like in mid October.
- 05 Oct 2001
I've added a new category, Major Browser Issues, intended to capture any browser problems that may cause the loss of data input by the user. Both the issues in this category relate to loss of data while editing - they are not new to the Sept 2001 release, but they are now much better understood, there are some workarounds and fixes that are applicable. Hope this is OK - I would like to see a bit more focus on these browser issues, since I have seen them cause a new TWiki user to lose their carefully composed text.
- 05 Nov 2001
I've added the LostEditsWithoutAuthentication
- 06 Nov 2001